Christian

Dear Leader

• Senior Administrator
  • 984 posts

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Posted 05 April 2016 - 03:16 PM

Hello everyone,

On March 27th, I changed where clan-subsistence.com is hosted.  I have moved from the shared hosting instance we have been paying Hostgator for since the creation of the clan (June 2009) to my private Linux server that I rent from DigitalOcean.

It is unlikely that this should affect you in any way, but just note that you will see an IP address change.  The underlying motivation for this change is that instead of paying $12/month just to host clan-subsistence.com on Hostgator, I rolled it into the $20/month I pay for the DigitalOcean Linux server that I use for a variety of tasks and websites.  Since traffic here is modest at best (we get around 20-40 users per day), this is a perfectly acceptable solution that results in the same performance for "free".  The only thing I have to pay for now is the domain, which costs a cool $12 per year.  At $1 per month, I will keep this forum online forever.

If you do happen to encounter any issues (or have since the hosting switch), please let me know and I will work to correct them.

Regards,

Christian

• Fenway, Seán, Andrew and 1 other like this
"I hereby swear to abandon all fear; to question everything; to trust in myself; to honor those before me as I excel, and to support those who follow as they ascend. I swear that I will never accept another’s standard for success, as I set mine one measure higher. When I am finished, no one will ever look at me the same way again."

#2 Seán

Seán

Forum Slut

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3279 posts

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Posted 08 April 2016 - 07:43 PM

Love you man and everything you do for the clan. Good work on the server :)

'ᶦ ˢʷᵉᵃʳ ᵗᵒ ᵍᵒᵈ ᶦᶠ ᵃᶰʸ ᵒᶠ ʸᵒᵘ ᵐᵒᵗʰᵉʳʳᶠᵘᶜᵏᵉʳˢ ᶜᵒᵖʸ ᵃᶰᵈ ᵖᵃˢᵗᵉ ᵗʰᶦˢ ʸᵒᵘ ʷᶦᶫᶫ ᵇᵉ ᶦᶰ ˢᵉʳᶦᵒᵘˢ ᵗʳᵒᵘᵇᶫᵉ' ~ Holy 2014

Posted Image

Ye Olde Cape Raque

Posted Image /o\ <- Divination Cape /#\ <- Firemaking Cape

#3 Faskis

Faskis

I am the liquor

• PipPipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Posted 14 April 2016 - 04:14 PM

No more piggy-backing on this with my own sites :(

• Steph likes this

#4 Steph

Steph

The People's Messiah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3942 posts

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Posted 07 May 2016 - 06:13 PM

I will keep this forum online forever.

You're a real hero dude, much love from the UK

• Fenway likes this
Posted Image

Attack - Strength - Defence - Constitution - Herblore - Prayer - Construction - Firemaking - Ranged - Cooking
Spoiler

Bitcoin (฿): 1D4Jxg4Xt2EZNZoYuDvDeYBPQ7ABKDHGbA (Click for QR Code)
Litecoin (Ł): Lfx3Rm1yCEaaRDqenUUqfSBGCZRdFEx6a9 (Click for QR Code)