Endo

Uber Poster

• Emeritus
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 640 posts

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Posted 11 July 2011 - 02:22 PM

Decided to merge the two, going to maintain it if people want it doing.Follow these guide lines to keep your account secure.If you care about your account;DONT go to any websites advertised in runescapeDONT put in any account information on any websites other than runescape and the clientDO check that it is the legit site and not one that looks like itDO make a password which is not easy to checkDO change your password frequentlyDO set recovery'sDO have a validated email addressDO set bank PINJagex;WON'T advertise websites in gameWON'T give out membership for freeWON'T give you membership trialsWON'T ask for your passwordsEmailsWON'T request you to confirm your account by entering details WON'T request you to provide information about your account in anyway.Check it comes from jagex the offical emails can be found on the websiteDon't click any external links, to be safe, and if you do, check the address bar straight afterChecking site authenticityIf you use Google Chrome, you'll notice a green bar beside the URL. All of Jagex sites are secure, and you'll see this (picture below):If you do not see this, then it is NOT Jagex's site. Posted ImageIf you use firefox a similar image will show, just before the address.Have a antivirus, that should stop most keyloggers which attempt to gain access without user auth, although if you choose to run one yourself e.g. "GOLD HACK" then it will take your details and will loose your account.I'm just putting this up becuase I know how it feels to loose a account and when you are a kid you are very gullable and will believe everything.It may be common sense for some, but not others - becuase common sense isn't that common.
  • Seán and Matthew like this

axiscock.png
poedrugs.png

#2 Seán

Seán

Forum Slut

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3279 posts

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Posted 11 July 2011 - 03:13 PM

Good Job. And they will offer you free membership when you have won a competition (Example: Machinima) but you will still have to check the address because there would be news of you winning and people will take the opportunity.Also, this should be pinned.

'ᶦ ˢʷᵉᵃʳ ᵗᵒ ᵍᵒᵈ ᶦᶠ ᵃᶰʸ ᵒᶠ ʸᵒᵘ ᵐᵒᵗʰᵉʳʳᶠᵘᶜᵏᵉʳˢ ᶜᵒᵖʸ ᵃᶰᵈ ᵖᵃˢᵗᵉ ᵗʰᶦˢ ʸᵒᵘ ʷᶦᶫᶫ ᵇᵉ ᶦᶰ ˢᵉʳᶦᵒᵘˢ ᵗʳᵒᵘᵇᶫᵉ' ~ Holy 2014

Posted Image

Ye Olde Cape Raque

Posted Image /o\ <- Divination Cape /#\ <- Firemaking Cape

#3 Matthew

Matthew

SCP-173

• +Exclusive Member
  • Others: Recruitment Team
  • 5457 posts

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Posted 11 July 2011 - 03:17 PM

They will only message you via Jagex/Runescape inbox for that kind of thing, Seany.Normally, the only time Jagex will email you is for account verification.Events will be sent to your Jagex inbox.

(ง •̀_•́)ง

#4 Strider Figh

Strider Figh

Posting Pro

• Clan Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 319 posts

Posted 12 July 2011 - 07:17 AM

oh account security.. I have to admit, the first time I got scammed (for a mithril platebody!), I decided "No more! That's the first and last time!"....then I got keylogged....then scammed againOh, Runescape Classic, why do I still get nostalgia about you.
  • Endo likes this

#5 Steph

Steph

The People's Messiah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3942 posts

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Posted 12 July 2011 - 09:03 AM

Wannabe senior member is wannabe. What?This has been outlined about 50 thousand times since I joined. If people don't understand it by now then there is something wrong with them.
  • Joshua and Holy like this
Posted Image

Attack - Strength - Defence - Constitution - Herblore - Prayer - Construction - Firemaking - Ranged - Cooking
Spoiler

#6 Endo

Endo

Uber Poster

• Emeritus
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 640 posts

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Posted 12 July 2011 - 09:05 AM

Wannabe senior member is wannabe. What?This has been outlined about 50 thousand times since I joined. If people don't understand it by now then there is something wrong with them.

I'd rather be Head DJ than a Senior member lol.Clearly not as Bl00dShedder was hacked just yesterday.There is no offical topic which spells it out.Alittle appreciation would be nice.:L
  • Matthew and Nikolai like this

axiscock.png
poedrugs.png

#7 Matthew

Matthew

SCP-173

• +Exclusive Member
  • Others: Recruitment Team
  • 5457 posts

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Posted 12 July 2011 - 09:42 AM

Sisqo, that was pretty rude. =\ He just made the guide so he could help prevent being hacked.
  • Nikolai likes this

(ง •̀_•́)ง

Bitcoin (฿): 1D4Jxg4Xt2EZNZoYuDvDeYBPQ7ABKDHGbA (Click for QR Code)
Litecoin (Ł): Lfx3Rm1yCEaaRDqenUUqfSBGCZRdFEx6a9 (Click for QR Code)