#1 Steph

Steph

The People's Messiah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3942 posts

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Posted 29 September 2011 - 04:07 AM

Hello All! Just to inform you all that the position of Clan Emissary (Antelope's old position, for those who are wondering) needs to be filled! Yes, another sub-director position so soon? You're spoilt for choice. This will fall under the Events department, therefore whoever wins this will be working with, and reporting to myself. Think of the position as a fancy name for an Ambassador! Your job as the Clan Emmisary would be to:
  • Help me arrange/Co-ordinate wars that take place.
  • Also make regular events that could perhaps either help train the clan up warring wise, or any events that would involve interacting with other clans.
  • Help me out with sorting out inter-clan wars.
  • Talk to other clans and keep the relationship alive, by interacting regularly with the ones that we are allied with, or even are just friends with, then report back to me ever so often saying how things are going with that clan.
  • Welcoming all Diplomats that join the forums, and get them used to/introduce them to how the clan functions.
Think you're up for the Job? Apply today! The only requirements are Maturity and willingness to help out!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Name when first joined the clan:

Current Display Name :

Time in clan:

Are you currently in any other clans or RuneScape communities?:

Do you hold leadership positions within any other clans?:

What sets you apart in terms of leadership qualities?:

How would you go around the issue of clan relationships, such as our relationships with our Allies?:

In at least 300 words, address an issue or area in the clan you'd like to improve as a leader. You can discuss whatever you feel is appropriate. This can be anything, but preferably related to the Events department:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Final entry for all applications will be on Thursday 6th October '11 @ 8PM GMT/3PM EST, which is when the topic will close. Good luck to all applicants! -The Subsistence Leadership
Posted Image

Attack - Strength - Defence - Constitution - Herblore - Prayer - Construction - Firemaking - Ranged - Cooking
Spoiler

#2 Ray

Ray

Man of many titles

• GW2 Management
  • Others: Recruitment Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1382 posts

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Posted 29 September 2011 - 11:02 AM

I was going to apply but I wont because I disagree with this 300 word statement crap. I dont remember this being there when I applied and won DoP. When was this implemented? Also call me lazy but 300 words isnt going to persuade you in whether im fit for the job, either you know I can do it or you dont. GL to all that apply.

Edited by Ray, 29 September 2011 - 11:03 AM.

• John likes this

tumblr_mbp4d3ySxL1rhv8lio5_400.gifCammy-super2.gif

#3 UrASmurf

UrASmurf

Court Jester

• Clan Member
  • 1557 posts
  • Steam: UrASmurf
  • LocationQuick, look behind you!
  • RSN: UrASmurf
  • Minecraft:UrASmurf

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Posted 29 September 2011 - 11:31 AM

I semi agree with Ray here. Honestly, i would apply, but the last one with 300 words, Clan justiciar, took all i had out of me. I do not have any other issues that i can spend a couple hours elongating into a 300 word essay. That is all, i don't want to troll, but that's just My opinion. Thanks!

I'm seriously considering petitioning for having smurf's posting privelages removed.

qXSpaNp.png

#4 Steph

Steph

The People's Messiah

• 3942 posts

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Posted 29 September 2011 - 12:07 PM

Then don't apply. Simples.
  • Holy and Dragrulezall like this
Posted Image

Attack - Strength - Defence - Constitution - Herblore - Prayer - Construction - Firemaking - Ranged - Cooking
Spoiler

#5 UrASmurf

UrASmurf

Court Jester

• Clan Member
  • 1557 posts

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Posted 29 September 2011 - 12:10 PM

pssh, thanks -.-

I'm seriously considering petitioning for having smurf's posting privelages removed.

qXSpaNp.png

#6 Joshua

Joshua

Tech Admin\WRPG Fanatic

• Senior Administrator
  • 1906 posts

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Posted 29 September 2011 - 03:26 PM

Cleaned up the topic a bit, take your debate to PM guys. Best of luck to all whom apply, this is an extremely important position!

Got a problem with the forum, another clan mate, or something in the clan chat? PM me and I'll take care of it.

BhHin9N.png

#7 Fenway

Fenway

Director of RuneScape Affairs

• Administrator
  • 4129 posts

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Posted 29 September 2011 - 04:26 PM

POPULAR

Name when first joined the clan: Fenway39 Current Display Name : Fenway Time in clan: Nine Months and 15 days Are you currently in any other clans or RuneScape communities?: No Do you hold leadership positions within any other clans?: N/A What sets you apart in terms of leadership qualities?: I've matured a lot in 9 months, and I think now I'm level-headed enough to take on a job like this. I've always been very willing to communicate with others in the clan, and I'm the most active person (besides Mort) in the Program Department, which requires a very large amount of communication, and I think being the Clan Emissary wouldn't be too hard for me. How would you go around the issue of clan relationships, such as our relationships with our Allies?: I believe the core of strong clan relation's is communication. Even in the real world, communication is the single most important part in foreign policy. If I were to be Elected Clan Emm. I would make sure I am constantly communicating with other clans, and possibly expand our range of allies and friends, always thinking of the Clan Members first, and what they would like to see. In at least 300 words, address an issue or area in the clan you'd like to improve as a leader. You can discuss whatever you feel is appropriate. This can be anything, but preferably related to the Events department: I've been her Nine months, that's a long effing time. I've seen literally dozens of people come and go. We probably get 3-5 applications a week, and every month or so we lose 20-30 to pruning. However, there are a few select few who leave because they decided this clan was not for them. I've been looking over all these incidents and I see a striking similarity between them. Almost all of these people said their main concern with this clan is that they had a conflict with someone else in the clan, and Did not contact a leader. They said they did not think talking to a leader would help, and so they never did it. I would BE THAT LEADER who they can come to. I will Always, without exception be willing to help and listen to somebody. If someone has a problem, I want them to know that they can come to me and I will hear them out and give the best advice I can. Another thing I would like to address is communication. If I were to be elected Clan Emissary, I would be active on all of our allies forums, and make sure the relationship between us tight. When it comes to Leadership, and especially "Foreign Policy" good communication is the single most important thing that can be done. I would keep communication very tight, and would always make sure to relay the information back to the Clan Members. I would also like to start having practice runs of wars. If I were to be made the Clan Emissary, I would make sure that when a real war does happen with another clan, Subsistence knows what to do. I will make sure everyone is familiar with the Clan rules, and to know what happens in the war itself. Disorganization is the worst thing that can happen in a war, and I would like to make sure that never happens.Everybody likes big huge inter clan fiascos. If you were to elect me for Clan Emissary, I would try to get these done. In the actual Olympics, countries from all over the globe compete. Maybe, next time we have an Olympics, we could include more than one clan, and make it MASSIVE and add lots of more competition to it. We would of course have Subsistence winners and stuff but we could also hold global Community-Clan winners. That's what people like, and that's what I want to give people. IF I am to get elected, I would keep my roles in all of the Programs. Good luck to everyone running!
  • Christian, Joshua, Steph and 8 others like this
Director of Runescape Affairs

user1-dark.png

#8 Christian

Christian

Dear Leader

• Senior Administrator
  • 991 posts

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Posted 03 October 2011 - 01:02 PM

This is an excellent opportunity for someone who has not been in leadership before to get involved. If you're at least somewhat interested in this and think you are capable, I really suggest you apply. I hope we can get at least a few more applications for this.
  • Steph and John like this
"I hereby swear to abandon all fear; to question everything; to trust in myself; to honor those before me as I excel, and to support those who follow as they ascend. I swear that I will never accept another’s standard for success, as I set mine one measure higher. When I am finished, no one will ever look at me the same way again."

#9 John

John

Forum Whore

• Clan Member
  • 2600 posts

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Posted 03 October 2011 - 05:54 PM

Name when first joined the clan: jonoc5 Current Display Name : atomicspin Time in clan: 7-8 months Are you currently in any other clans or RuneScape communities?: yes, though only one for people in my school Do you hold leadership positions within any other clans?: no What sets you apart in terms of leadership qualities?: I've been a member of this clan for quite some time now and from what I’ve experienced from my relationships with other clan members and i believe that if i was elected as clan emissary I would be an approachable and personable figure who would be easy to talk to about problems not just in regards to inter clan issues but also with the clan as a whole. since becoming a member in February I’ve done as much as i can to be an active and involved clan member and i hope that given the chance i could help to bring a lot of new ideas into a variety of areas and ultimately make being a member a more fun and fulfilling experience. How would you go around the issue of clan relationships, such as our relationships with our Allies?: if elected one of my first priorities would be to communicate with the wider runescape clan community as a whole, in doing so giving subsistence a degree of visibility for the general runesacpe public and other clans. i've often heard our name mentioned when I’ve been talking to people in game and i think it would be great to see subsistence become a common name, which would not only make alliances more easy to create. aside from that though i would be extremely careful in maintaining existing relationships with our current allies, with another priority being organising more cross clan events, not just wars. In at least 300 words, address an issue or area in the clan you'd like to improve as a leader. You can discuss whatever you feel is appropriate. This can be anything, but preferably related to the Events department: One of the main issues I’d like to improve upon is our general attitude towards clan wars and inter clan activities. Since joining the clan I’ve only been aware of one organised event with a clan allie, being a clan war with arisos. I’d like to create an increased emphasis on our allies and make relationships a bigger part of every day clan life. What this would entail is an increased level of communication with other clans and with other members about our various relationships. With regards to clan wars i think that a big issue is a lack of understanding about what to do during one. While one potential remedy would be practice wars i think general help for people new to clan wars on what type of weapons items and tactics to use. This brings me onto another point; in addition to free to play wars I’d like to organise more members only wars. I expect that this would create more interest for some members as some people I’ve spoken to have said that the fact that everybody in f2p wars is only able to wear basic armour, whereas in a members war people would be allowed to use their usual equipment that they have gotten used to. This would hopefully create a more involved atmosphere in a lot of pay to play members and could feasibly make them more likely to take part in normal events if they can see just how involving they can be. However outside the events, and I’m confident many of you will agree, the most prevalent issue facing subsistence right now is the number of people leaving. Hopefully the addition of the contact feature will stem this issue but more importantly one of the contributing factors affecting this is the attitude a lot of members show towards people contemplating leaving.I saw this first hand when i made an admittedly out spoken post saying that i was leaving, and was greeted with quite a few people basally telling me to **** off. I ended up staying because of what people, Christian said to me about my reasoning and about what could be done.

I hope you understand, this is why Christian gets annoyed because there are more then just leaving the clan methods of putting things right.

that’s what endo said to me when i was about to leave and it pretty much embodies my attitude towards this situation. i do in fact feel extremely vocal about this and i would like to assure everybody that given the chance i would be the kind of person who would be approachable and amiable as a person but would be a figurehead in the clan whom people would feel confident in approaching with any issue. *****************in my opinion what makes this role different to nearly any other role is that its depending on how well it is performed it can affect other clans perception of us. Whereas in other positions, such as justiclair or citadel overseer, messing up results in you being a fired. As a clan emissary the winning applicant would not only be responsible for organising events and communicating but also presenting a responsible and mature front to the clan and a symbol of the values we represent. I hope that in the past 8 months I’ve been seen as a fairly level headed and mature person (with one or two deviations) and that i could be trusted to help maintain our stellar reputation.i have a great deal of respect and admiration for the members of this clan. give me chance to represent a massive part of my life and i can guarantee you won't regret it. thanks for reading my application and i hope you choose the right person for the job in your point of view.good luck to fenway and any other applicants who are still considering entering.

Edited by AtomicSpin, 05 October 2011 - 05:06 PM.

• Christian, Steph, Momo and 1 other like this
2015-01-07-Charlie.jpg

#10 Dragrulezall

Dragrulezall

ℓєєт Poster

• Clan Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1137 posts

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Posted 04 October 2011 - 12:45 PM

There will be some parts of this job that should be a little challenge and i will take it on and succeed. Me being as the emmisary will be fun and my chance to increase the amount of people attending challenged to rise over average. Name when first joined the clan:dragrulezall Current Display Name:axis_of_doom Time in clan:6months? maybe a year, i forgot since last forum whipe. Are you currently in any other clans or RuneScape communities?:no Do you hold leadership positions within any other clans?:no What sets you apart in terms of leadership qualities?:well,i think i've finally matured over the time i have been in this clan,i think it's timefor me to up my game. How would you go around the issue of clan relationships, such as our relationships with our Allies?:i would constantly keep in touch with everyclan possible to keep our relationship alive and going. Since i'm always active i can achieve that and will achieve if i was chosen for emmisary. I would talk to them also about any ideas we have and come together and make a mass event. In at least 300 words, address an issue or area in the clan you'd like to improve as a leader. You can discuss whatever you feel is appropriate. This can be anything, but preferably related to the Events department:If i was nominated clan emmisary i would help events flow smoothly along with steph and share thoughts to make every event possible a "event to remember." I would encourage the events team to bring alot of thoughts to me and i will put 120% to make that event a success. And then i will show steph of such creation and bring it to the clan. I have known steph for awhile and i think i will prove to steph that i'm willing to maintain this job and hold it with such responsibility. I as emmisary will increase the amount of people to join in on our events and ask how it went and what could/can be improved, everybody has the right to speak and thoughts, so why not hear them out. I will improve the activity with the events team and make sure they have a blast of a time in the events team and keep them going. If i was nominated as clan emmisary i would improve convosations that are being held in clan chat so nothing comes across new members and they get a bad welcome. There has been many occasions where there has not been a leader around, i can improve that, although we have a new contact mod, i can save the time of other people and let me have the chance to help them out and mention it to the leadership. Or if they don't feel the need to talk to me, and want it kept in private, then i will go by that and let them forwards it to a leader that they know properly and can speak to them at any point. If i do get this chance to do something good for the clan i will not let down steph or anybody in the leadership group, But main of all, everyclan member, I can prove to people that i am not a worthless person who's not willing to do anything for the clan. Anybody in this clan will have known me by now or will do, and they should know im willing to hear what people have to say, any problems, i will take alot of time to make this come to good So they wont be affected by any problem and hide from saying whats wrong.There have been recent things that have happened of people leaving because "leadership being terrible" ( but it's not) And with me along board with the leadership, we can dominate any interfearance and make people's time in this clan worth being in and feel welcome.Also in clan i will improve application that are pending, (that's if sub directors can validate.) and with me being active can save directors and admins time. THANKS ALL FOR READING MY APP, AND I WOULD LIKE TO SAY GL ALL!
  • John likes this

#11 UrASmurf

UrASmurf

Court Jester

• Clan Member
  • 1557 posts

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Posted 04 October 2011 - 08:35 PM

Name when first joined the clan: UrASmurf Current Display Name : UrASmurf Time in clan: A little over a month and a quarter. Are you currently in any other clans or RuneScape communities?: None Do you hold leadership positions within any other clans?: None What sets you apart in terms of leadership qualities?: Well one, i for one, am just genuinely creative, as i have been born as such. I like to work with people, and have been doing so as events managers for certain games, and their guild/clans. Im just naturally fit for a creative entitled, and well managed job. I also, as some people have been requesting to, new blood in the leadership, as my competition is. How would you go around the issue of clan relationships, such as our relationships with our Allies?: Allies are always susceptible to become enemies, which is a big issue. Relationships between allies could turn hostile, and to get around this, i would suggest helping others out when its needed, and creating those relationships, and re-newing them as well in the beginning. In at least 300 words, address an issue or area in the clan you'd like to improve as a leader. You can discuss whatever you feel is appropriate. This can be anything, but preferably related to the Events department: One thing many do not like to deal with is keeping members active and entertained, and not bored out of their minds. We can't make everyone happy, but we can take a crack at it, with a few more fun filled days/events that care to everyone's needs and time schedules. For this i would like to see if we could get more votes, and more feedback on events from members. This would allow our clan members to tell us what they thought about the event, or what they would hope to look for or see in the next one. Yes, that means we would want to get them to participate more as well. This allows us to cater to everyone in an equal manner. Hopefully we would get some good results and have things everyone likes and can get a chance to come to. Also, communication between members, and even higher ranks is key in a successful buisness/area. This is what the clan needs. More member participation and communication would help in the "rebuilding" proccess of the "broken" leadership everyone has been initiating on. In my opinion, the leadership is not broken, maybe just merely misguided. I trust Christian, Unk, Momo, and all other ranks in the Admin field, and director as well, to head to our needs, while having mostly guided rule. Help is always Credited, and will always be needed, in small, or in large. Hopefully in the near future we will have a more perfected leadership, without need for new positions, even though, I myself am in agreance with it. Just thought i could post an application, even if i do not get many votes. I can at least say i tried ;)
  • John likes this

qXSpaNp.png

#12 Steph

Steph

The People's Messiah

• 3942 posts

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Posted 05 October 2011 - 02:34 AM

Cleaned the post up. Was getting a bit clogged, plus they all seemed like posts for the vote topic. Let's get as many applications in for this as possible!
Posted Image

Spoiler

#13 Steph

Steph

The People's Messiah

• 3942 posts

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Posted 06 October 2011 - 02:06 PM

Poll has begun! Get voting everybody! http://www.clan-subs...-emissary-poll/
Posted Image

Spoiler

Bitcoin (฿): 1D4Jxg4Xt2EZNZoYuDvDeYBPQ7ABKDHGbA (Click for QR Code)
Litecoin (Ł): Lfx3Rm1yCEaaRDqenUUqfSBGCZRdFEx6a9 (Click for QR Code)