John

Forum Whore

• Clan Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2600 posts

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Posted 05 March 2012 - 07:22 PM

A few days ago there was an issue in cc involving an argument of some sort and while the issue was resolved several people suggested that chat moderators would be a good addition so that in future if there were to be an issue or argument in cc there would be more chance that someone could be there to resolve it.Where it would fit into ranks i dont know, i'm not sure about permissions for different ranks, however wether it be incorporated into an existing group or a new one entirely i still think chat mods would be a very effective addition.
2015-01-07-Charlie.jpg

#2 Matthew

Matthew

SCP-173

• +Exclusive Member
  • Others: Recruitment Team
  • 5457 posts

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Posted 05 March 2012 - 07:35 PM

I'm assuming this is because what happened with me.. :LAlso, isn't this a Justiciar?

(ง •̀_•́)ง

#3 Kiza

Kiza

The Divine

• Clan Member
  • Others: Helper
  • 2081 posts

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Posted 05 March 2012 - 07:53 PM

I like the idea, although I have a few questions..1. We need someone to point out what the moderators are to do like banning or just fixing problems2. How many are we having?3. Will this fix into the rank? (you said this previously)4. How do we pick moderators. Do we apply? Or are the leaders going pick out a Senior Member or a member who has a high rank?
Posted Image

#4 Holy

Holy

Moe

• 4650 posts

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Posted 05 March 2012 - 08:06 PM

I believe this has been suggested a few times before; and each time it's been shot down. However, I'll provide my opinion regarding the subject at hand.I don't think we'll ever have chat moderators. Fights rarely occur; and when one does, a leader is likely to be on - like how Matthw was on when the most recent fight broke out. There's no way (in my opinion), we'll ever get a few people to play the game all day to babysit a bunch of people over the internet...that's ridiculous.If a fight breaks out when there aren't any leaders in game, first try to calm whoever is fighting down; or at least try to get them to take it to PM's. If that doesn't work, check IRC and Vent ot see if any leaders are in there too. If there aren't any, and the fight is still going on, you can either stay in the Clan Chat and hope the issue is resolved, or leave the Clan Chat for a little bit until things simmer down.Bottom line - even if we hire a couple chat moderators, there will still be times when none of them are online. Because of this, my general opinion of this suggestion is no.

#5 Steph

Steph

The People's Messiah

• 3942 posts

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Posted 05 March 2012 - 08:24 PM

Or just active in-game staff members? There are more than enough.
  • Ray likes this
Posted Image

Attack - Strength - Defence - Constitution - Herblore - Prayer - Construction - Firemaking - Ranged - Cooking
Spoiler

#6 Kiza

Kiza

The Divine

• Clan Member
  • 2081 posts

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Posted 05 March 2012 - 08:26 PM

Bottom line - even if we hire a couple chat moderators, there will still be times when none of them are online. Because of this, my general opinion of this suggestion is no.

That is a good point, how about this idea then?The French have a law where if someone is in need of help or is in trouble you must go to their aid. I suggest we make a clan rule where we do the same; so if there is a fight going on the whole clan should try to resolve the problem in a civilised way
Posted Image

#7 Christian

Christian

Dear Leader

• Senior Administrator
  • 991 posts

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Posted 05 March 2012 - 08:32 PM

People who have Gold Stars are intended to be chat moderators already. Unfortunately, given the permissions, I don't think they can kick or enforce much on anyone besides guests. You need to be an admin to temp-ban from the clan chat (as far as I recall) and there's no way to change that permission.Edit:Yeah, I checked this a few hours ago. This is the case. The only way to really 'kick' a clan member is to uninvite them from the clan. It's kind of pathetic that the system is so hard to work with.Fortunately, arguments don't happen that frequently.
"I hereby swear to abandon all fear; to question everything; to trust in myself; to honor those before me as I excel, and to support those who follow as they ascend. I swear that I will never accept another’s standard for success, as I set mine one measure higher. When I am finished, no one will ever look at me the same way again."

#8 Seán

Seán

Forum Slut

• 3283 posts

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Posted 06 March 2012 - 11:44 AM

I like the idea but given the current system by Jagex (Only admins can kick) then I don't think it can happen.

There's no way, we'll ever get a few people to play the game all day to babysit a bunch of people over the internet.

Posted Image
  • Joshua likes this

'ᶦ ˢʷᵉᵃʳ ᵗᵒ ᵍᵒᵈ ᶦᶠ ᵃᶰʸ ᵒᶠ ʸᵒᵘ ᵐᵒᵗʰᵉʳʳᶠᵘᶜᵏᵉʳˢ ᶜᵒᵖʸ ᵃᶰᵈ ᵖᵃˢᵗᵉ ᵗʰᶦˢ ʸᵒᵘ ʷᶦᶫᶫ ᵇᵉ ᶦᶰ ˢᵉʳᶦᵒᵘˢ ᵗʳᵒᵘᵇᶫᵉ' ~ Holy 2014

4FmTwg8.gif

user1-dark.png

Ye Olde Cape Raque

J0cOZ.png

/o\   <- Divination Cape

/#\   <- Firemaking Cape

/O<\   <- Fishing Cape 

/+\   <- Prayer Cape 

/oo\   <- Thieving Cape 

/->\   <- Mining Cape 

/π\   <- Smithing Cape 

/^[]\   <- Farming Cape 

/0\ <- Dungeoneering Cape 

#9 Steph

Steph

The People's Messiah

• 3942 posts

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Posted 06 March 2012 - 11:54 AM

Regarding banning people, Leaders can add to ban list, which bans people, although they may have fixed that, it worked for me a while back.
Posted Image

Attack - Strength - Defence - Constitution - Herblore - Prayer - Construction - Firemaking - Ranged - Cooking
Spoiler

#10 Dragrulezall

Dragrulezall

ℓєєт Poster

• Clan Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1137 posts

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Posted 06 March 2012 - 02:30 PM

Most of the time when a fight happens they will rage away from cc, If something happens and somebody dosn't like it, Just add to ignore? People can just report to the leadership too and they can deal with the sanction.

#11 EverRush

EverRush

Retired CitOS

• Clan Friend
  • 1806 posts

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Posted 06 March 2012 - 06:12 PM

If a situation occurs. I'd think you would first try to calm the person / persons down. If it's a group of people in a heated debate. Try to veer off of that topic and take it to the debates section of forums. That's why we have it. If that doesn't work, take some screen shots of the incident and PM them to a leader. The problem would then be discussed by those who have the authority and ability to give out punishments. Might be a bit more work for leadership, but that was the intent, as I understand it, from removing the Clan Justicular position. We have enough leaders to be able to resolve some conflicts fairly quickly.If it's an argument, PM the persons involved to try to get them to just drop it. As from above, leaders can decide and implement decisions. If one person refuses to drop the topic, have others that are feeling attacked or victimized to drop out of the clan chat. I've done it myself a few times when I'm not feeling like being involved in a certain topic. With no one to victimize, the offender would most likely stop. After that point the conflict should be calmed down. Try to insert another topic to get away from the dissolving situation.
Posted Image Posted Image

Posted Image

I believe in me, I believe in you, and I believe that we are not meaningless.

#12 Tamaaas

Tamaaas

Posting Pro

• Clan Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 455 posts

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Posted 07 March 2012 - 09:59 AM

I'm not even sure why everyone thinks the argument that was going on in the cc was a fight that was getting out of hand. No one was insulting each other. Only reason I think people thought it was a heated argument was the chat posting rate. Still, it was sort of a silent time in cc anyway, I don't think it bothered anyone that much.Anyway, I was involved in the argument, it might've been a different experience for others.

Dota 2 and Old School Runescape all day, erry day

Tamaaas.png

#13 EverRush

EverRush

Retired CitOS

• Clan Friend
  • 1806 posts

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Posted 07 March 2012 - 10:30 AM

This isn't a response to one specific incident. This is talking about in general circumstances and how to handle any future problems that may arise.
Posted Image Posted Image

Posted Image

I believe in me, I believe in you, and I believe that we are not meaningless.

#14 Bad Man

Bad Man

The Master Baister

• Emeritus
  • 1622 posts

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Posted 07 March 2012 - 11:30 AM

I think you should rank up some senior members who you trust to not kick people for dumb things.

99 Cooking

99 Firemaking
99 Runecrafting
99 Woodcutting
94 Fishing (My Current Goal)

#15 Tom

Tom

Forum Whore

• Clan Member
  • Others: Helper, Senior Member
  • 1603 posts

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Posted 07 March 2012 - 12:48 PM

There are definitely people in the clan who can be trusted not to abuse kicking powers were they given them. I don't think that it should be every Senior Member, although that would be a good place to start. Anyway if chat mods were to be chosen, it shouldn't be done through a popular vote.

gHmPm.png

ThomasEll.png

ROW! ROW! FIGHT THE POWAH! ◥▶̸̱◀◤

#16 Dragrulezall

Dragrulezall

ℓєєт Poster

• Clan Member
  • 1137 posts

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Posted 07 March 2012 - 01:01 PM

Well even if the leadership decide to give seniors the ability to kick, They never know if they will abuse or not, Look at momo, the leadership thought momo was a role model to the clan, trust worthy and respectful, yet he abused his powers and did things he shouldn't have done, Sorry to bring this up but this is a perfect example.

#17 Tom

Tom

Forum Whore

• Clan Member
  • 1603 posts

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Posted 07 March 2012 - 01:37 PM

Well even if the leadership decide to give seniors the ability to kick, They never know if they will abuse or not, Look at momo, the leadership thought momo was a role model to the clan, trust worthy and respectful, yet he abused his powers and did things he shouldn't have done, Sorry to bring this up but this is a perfect example.

True. However there is greater accountability with simple Chat Mods, as it now says when they are trying to kick someone.

gHmPm.png

ThomasEll.png

#18 UrASmurf

UrASmurf

Court Jester

• Clan Member
  • 1557 posts
  • Steam: UrASmurf
  • LocationQuick, look behind you!
  • RSN: UrASmurf
  • Minecraft:UrASmurf

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Posted 07 March 2012 - 06:08 PM

Regarding the choosing of these chat moderators, if or if not they are made, I like the idea of ranking up some trusted seniors. Agreeing with Tom on this one, I believe chat mods would not be chosen by the clan vote, but by the Admin team, (Christian, Unk, and Josh)(merp, ok Mini too, :3)OffTopic: Seany, you're using that challenge accepted meme more than the whole clan used the "watch out we got a badass over here" meme. You need to cut back.
  • Spaciouz and Deadlycure like this

I'm seriously considering petitioning for having smurf's posting privelages removed.

qXSpaNp.png

#19 Deadlycure

Deadlycure

BEST JAX SST

• 1141 posts
  • Steam: Deadlycure
  • LocationThe great northern land that isn't the failure country of Canada
  • RSN: Useph
  • League of Legends (NA): ToyotaMode

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Posted 08 March 2012 - 12:43 AM

(Christian, Unk, and Josh)(merp, ok Mini too, :3)

Wat about poor gtg? :D

OffTopic: Seany, you're using that challenge accepted meme more than the whole clan used the "watch out we got a badass over here" meme. You need to cut back.

Yes.. Take a hint pl0x? ty :D
Unknown828: "I charged a fully geared guy with only a hatchet, got a kill, then killed another fully geared guy because he was distracted by a naked black man playing benny hill music"

Useful League of Legends guides: http://goo.gl/tMKQg

#20 Tom

Tom

Forum Whore

• Clan Member
  • 1603 posts

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Posted 08 March 2012 - 06:59 AM

Wat about poor gtg? :P

Everyone seems to forget GTG...

gHmPm.png

ThomasEll.png

Bitcoin (฿): 1D4Jxg4Xt2EZNZoYuDvDeYBPQ7ABKDHGbA (Click for QR Code)
Litecoin (Ł): Lfx3Rm1yCEaaRDqenUUqfSBGCZRdFEx6a9 (Click for QR Code)