▗▟▞ ΛΓΤ5Υ ▛▙▝

▛▚▙▟ Technical Artist

• Others: Helper
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1125 posts

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Posted 22 April 2012 - 04:58 PM

Hi all, i've started the road to 90 range becuz i am bored with wc, so here's what I am using:

ADVICE PL0X :P

+ Good training spots (afk'able) - safe for my level
+ Equipment guidelines for my level and budget

BUDGET: 2m

TARGET LEVEL (RANGE): 90

CURRENT LEVEL (RANGE): 81

COMBAT LEVEL: 100

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

TAN-KU :)

banner_zpsc08bc4wm.gif

#2 Holy

Holy

Moe

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4650 posts

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Posted 22 April 2012 - 05:15 PM

Don't use a crossbow for training, if at all possible. Throwing knives are optimal, though if you aren't willing to pay for them go with magic shortbow. Don't use Karil's for training unless you're willing to pay for the upkeep, go for void > armadyl > black d'hide, whenever I did range training I always used black d'hide.

As for training spots, I always did Slayer. If you don't want to do slayer, I would recommend dagonnaths (you can take noted food/pots/money to the lighthouse thing and sell/buy them back, so banking doesn't have to be done often (or at all if you bring a lot of food/pots)).

Hope this helps :)

#3 John

John

Forum Whore

• Clan Member
  • 2600 posts

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Posted 22 April 2012 - 05:37 PM

I'm no expert but i find broad bolts with void range at fire giants to be good xp, plus you get a huge amount of charms if you stay for a few hours.
If you do the waterfall quest there is spot where you can range them and they cant reach you so food is totally un necessary. Also never use the dark bow for training :)
Also moved to skill help as thats what this is :P
2015-01-07-Charlie.jpg

#4 Dragrulezall

Dragrulezall

ℓєєт Poster

• Clan Member
  • 1137 posts

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Posted 22 April 2012 - 06:30 PM

Check christians guide in skill help? http://www.clan-subs...hs-range-guide/ there you go :)

#5 Holy

Holy

Moe

• 4650 posts

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Posted 22 April 2012 - 06:33 PM

People seem to always forget about that guide. It's the bee's knees.

#6 Christian

Christian

Dear Leader

• Senior Administrator
  • 991 posts

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Posted 23 April 2012 - 12:33 AM

Wow the formatting on that guide is fucked. Need go go and fix it.

Anyway, I personally would suggest training slayer using range. You'll get quite a few slayer levels, and range levels, and definitely profit. You'll also have a wide variety of things to kill rather than the same old shit 20,000+ times. Also, don't wear Karil's while training, it has the same range bonus as Black D'hide but it degrades and therefore costs you more money (and you have a 2 mil budget). Spend the extra money on food for slayer, as well as ammo.

I would recommend a crossbow with broad bolts for most tasks, but throwing knives may be faster for some lower leveled tasks. Always use range potions, it'll speed everything up by 10% at least.
"I hereby swear to abandon all fear; to question everything; to trust in myself; to honor those before me as I excel, and to support those who follow as they ascend. I swear that I will never accept another’s standard for success, as I set mine one measure higher. When I am finished, no one will ever look at me the same way again."

#7 KrytoNite

KrytoNite

Ass Kicker

• 1365 posts

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Posted 23 April 2012 - 01:25 AM

People seem to always forget about that guide. It's the bee's knees.

i thought 'school of rock' as soon as i saw 'the bee's knees' hahah

Krytonite.png

#8 ▗▟▞ ΛΓΤ5Υ ▛▙▝

▗▟▞ ΛΓΤ5Υ ▛▙▝

▛▚▙▟ Technical Artist

• Others: Helper
  • 1125 posts

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Posted 23 April 2012 - 12:22 PM

i dunno why, but i got a lot of abuse for training with full v , accumulator, and mage s bow :/

banner_zpsc08bc4wm.gif

#9 BigDaddy_J

BigDaddy_J

Advanced Member

• Clan Friend
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 08:44 AM

Depending on your defense too, ranging avansies in the Armadyl God Wars area is great exp as money. Can make a couple mill a day there if you stay at it long enough. You want a mixture of good def gear while still having enough ranged gear to keep up a good ranged attack bonus. Bones to peaches tabs work wonders there also. Make sure to bring a Mithril grapple. I did it from 80-90 ranged.
Posted Image

Bitcoin (฿): 1D4Jxg4Xt2EZNZoYuDvDeYBPQ7ABKDHGbA (Click for QR Code)
Litecoin (Ł): Lfx3Rm1yCEaaRDqenUUqfSBGCZRdFEx6a9 (Click for QR Code)