#1 Unknown828

Unknown828

His Unkiness

• Senior Administrator
  • 341 posts

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Posted 06 October 2012 - 09:17 PM

I would like to start having LoL events so I figured I'd post a quick explanation as to what LoL actually is and the idea behind it. If you're interested in giving it a try, this will hopefully give you an idea of what you're getting into. I'm not going to get into specifics with this post but, feel free to ask questions if you're curious. If interest peaks from a lot of people I'll add more things like terminology and the basics of playing.

1) What is it?

League of Legends is a free to play MOBA strategy game. The basic idea behind any MOBA game is that you control a hero character, or in the case, a Champion. There are several different types of champions but no two champions are the same and there are over 100 champions to choose from each with their own unique abilities. Fighting along with you are mindless minions, who will constantly charge up a lane. You must farm up your gold by killing enemy minions and champions to make your champion stronger. The ultimate goal is to push the lanes all the way to the enemy base and destroy their hub, the Nexus.

2) How do I get the game?

Go to this link. This takes you to the download page. If you're interested in joining in on our events, make sure to select the North American region from the drop down menu which is below the download button. Your selected region will appear on the download button itself.

The download can take quite a while, so create your account while you're waiting. Click this link and follow the instructions, again making sure to change the region to North America if you wish to join in on our events.

Once that's all done, the client will need to update. The whole download process along with the updating can take quite awhile, so be prepared for a wait.

3) What now?

I would highly recommend playing the tutorials. They can be a bit dull but they'll teach you the basics. After that, start playing co-op vs AI games to get better and familiarize yourself with the champions. The bots can be a pretty good crutch to learn the game with.

For more information about how to play click here. It's a basic guide from the official website, I personally find it a tad dull but it can be handy if you're interested.

Once we get things up and running I play to have a few "Practice" events. Basically so those who decided to try LoL can learn from those of us who have been playing for a while.

If you have any questions feel free to ask here!

Rschar2.png

#2 Holy

Holy

Moe

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4650 posts

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Posted 06 October 2012 - 09:27 PM

I pretty much just finished downloading it and you guys left D:

#3 Matthew

Matthew

SCP-173

• +Exclusive Member
  • Others: Recruitment Team
  • 5457 posts

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Posted 06 October 2012 - 09:29 PM

I literally just uninstalled it from my computer an hour ago... time to re-install it. Maybe. Do you use Ventrilo or anything to voice chat?

(ง •̀_•́)ง

#4 Fenway

Fenway

Director of RuneScape Affairs

• Administrator
  • 4129 posts

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Posted 06 October 2012 - 09:43 PM

I'm on my phone, but is it Mac compatible?
Director of Runescape Affairs

user1-dark.png

#5 Unknown828

Unknown828

His Unkiness

• Senior Administrator
  • 341 posts

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Posted 06 October 2012 - 09:48 PM

There is no official Mac version, although I think its being worked on. I looked into it and there are apparently third party clients for mac out there but I'm not sure how well they work.

Unless you have a way to boot into windows and run the game there, you might be out of luck :\

Rschar2.png

#6 Ray

Ray

Man of many titles

• GW2 Management
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1382 posts

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Posted 06 October 2012 - 09:57 PM

There is no official Mac version, although I think its being worked on. I looked into it and there are apparently third party clients for mac out there but I'm not sure how well they work.

Unless you have a way to boot into windows and run the game there, you might be out of luck :\

actually they dropped the project for mac compatibility :\ winboot for dem mac users.

tumblr_mbp4d3ySxL1rhv8lio5_400.gifCammy-super2.gif

#7 Kiza

Kiza

The Divine

• Clan Member
  • Others: Helper
  • 2081 posts

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Posted 06 October 2012 - 11:10 PM

For everyone who is new to the game I highly recommend trying out all the champions that are available this week to find your type of playing style.

If you have saved up some influence points I would also recommend buying a recommended character to get the hang of the game more easily.

Aaaaand ATM its also the only way to see Selene which is a nice bonus :D
  • Momo likes this
Posted Image

#8 Seán

Seán

Forum Slut

• 3283 posts

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Posted 07 October 2012 - 04:26 AM

Aaaaand ATM its also the only way to see Selene which is a nice bonus :D

That swayed my mind, I'm getting LoL. Also I'm just curious, why do we need to click the North American option for events and is there any in-built ventrillo kind of thing?

Also whenever I try to make an account the signup fails. Any ideas why? I put my region as North America and my birthyear as 1990.

'ᶦ ˢʷᵉᵃʳ ᵗᵒ ᵍᵒᵈ ᶦᶠ ᵃᶰʸ ᵒᶠ ʸᵒᵘ ᵐᵒᵗʰᵉʳʳᶠᵘᶜᵏᵉʳˢ ᶜᵒᵖʸ ᵃᶰᵈ ᵖᵃˢᵗᵉ ᵗʰᶦˢ ʸᵒᵘ ʷᶦᶫᶫ ᵇᵉ ᶦᶰ ˢᵉʳᶦᵒᵘˢ ᵗʳᵒᵘᵇᶫᵉ' ~ Holy 2014

4FmTwg8.gif

user1-dark.png

Ye Olde Cape Raque

J0cOZ.png

/o\   <- Divination Cape

/#\   <- Firemaking Cape

/O<\   <- Fishing Cape 

/+\   <- Prayer Cape 

/oo\   <- Thieving Cape 

/->\   <- Mining Cape 

/π\   <- Smithing Cape 

/^[]\   <- Farming Cape 

/0\ <- Dungeoneering Cape 

#9 John

John

Forum Whore

• Clan Member
  • 2600 posts

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Posted 07 October 2012 - 04:42 AM

ANOTHER WINDOWS GAME!
HURRAH!
2015-01-07-Charlie.jpg

#10 Steph

Steph

The People's Messiah

• 3942 posts

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Posted 07 October 2012 - 06:38 AM

Uninstalled from my PC. Honestly, it bores me. I can't stand games taking literally up to an hour if your team is shite. Better ways to waste my time... like GW2.
  • Matthew and Kiza like this
Posted Image

Attack - Strength - Defence - Constitution - Herblore - Prayer - Construction - Firemaking - Ranged - Cooking
Spoiler

#11 Momo

Momo

The World's Finest

• Clan Member
  • 3198 posts
  • Steam: Momo
  • XBL: Momo786X
  • LocationWales, United Kingdom
  • RSN: Momo
  • Guild Wars:Momo.4390

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Posted 07 October 2012 - 10:08 AM

You may find that LoL is pretty addictive at first but eventually it won't be good enough to replace any game you play regularly, which is why I play it casually with Ray and Unk. We use Ventrilo for voice chatting so even if you don't have a microphone, it helps to know how we strategize and makes the game FAR more enjoyable. In matches that we happen to be steamrolling in, I'm usually laughing non-stop.

We play in North America because registration only counts for one region. Playing in EU West would require you to register another account but the client allows you to switch between regions if you wish. Most of us regulars have more experience and heroes in North America too but we wouldn't mind switching to a new region if someone happens to be lagging badly. There are no limits to the amount of times you can switch regions. Players in North America will not be able to play or communicate with other players in a different region.

And yes Atomic, it is a game for Windows.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#12 Dragrulezall

Dragrulezall

ℓєєт Poster

• Clan Member
  • 1137 posts

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Posted 07 October 2012 - 12:55 PM

Should there be like another subforum for like, NA players then EU west players or is everybody going to be raping NA?

#13 Ray

Ray

Man of many titles

• GW2 Management
  • 1382 posts

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Posted 07 October 2012 - 01:41 PM

ANOTHER WINDOWS GAME!
HURRAH!

You act like you don't dual boot Windows for a million other things anyway.

#14 Ray

Ray

Man of many titles

• GW2 Management
  • 1382 posts

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Posted 07 October 2012 - 01:43 PM

Should there be like another subforum for like, NA players then EU west players or is everybody going to be raping NA?

Most of us are on NA but it doesn't matter since we all can easily switch over

Edit: Merge posts please im mobile

#15 Dragrulezall

Dragrulezall

ℓєєт Poster

• Clan Member
  • 1137 posts

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Posted 07 October 2012 - 02:53 PM

Most of us are on NA but it doesn't matter since we all can easily switch over

Edit: Merge posts please im mobile

Yeah maybe you can switchover, but what if you want to play on eu say with me, but you cant because you would have to start from scratch with characters D: I would love to play with alot of members on eu, but nearly all of the clan is american D:

#16 Momo

Momo

The World's Finest

• Clan Member
  • 3198 posts
  • Steam: Momo
  • XBL: Momo786X
  • LocationWales, United Kingdom
  • RSN: Momo
  • Guild Wars:Momo.4390

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Posted 07 October 2012 - 03:20 PM

If you and a friend want to play together on any other region then it's completely fine. There is literally no issue at all in switching back and forth between regions.

It'll only mean that new players will get owned by us.
And maybe have a traumatic experience.
So traumatic they uninstall the game.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#17 Unknown828

Unknown828

His Unkiness

• Senior Administrator
  • 341 posts

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Posted 07 October 2012 - 06:46 PM

No need to segregate them just yet. For the most part we'll be having events on NA, but we can still do some EU events. It's as simple as making a note of it in the event topic. If Leauge becomes more popular here we can start separate the event forum into two for NA and EU.

Starting over is a bit rough but like momo said, just means some newbies are going to get face rolled until you get to a reasonable level but, by then you'll have plenty of runes and characters to work with.

I know quite a few of us have EU accounts that are low level so switching the regions up isn't a problem.

Rschar2.png

Bitcoin (฿): 1D4Jxg4Xt2EZNZoYuDvDeYBPQ7ABKDHGbA (Click for QR Code)
Litecoin (Ł): Lfx3Rm1yCEaaRDqenUUqfSBGCZRdFEx6a9 (Click for QR Code)