• LocationWales, United Kingdom
  • RSN: Momo
  • Guild Wars:Momo.4390

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Posted 22 October 2012 - 10:52 PM

Follow these steps:

1. Open the League of Legends client
2. Go to options (cog wheel icon by minimize)
3. Uncross/untick/leave blank the box by "Allow Peer to Peer Transfer".

Posted Image

How it works:

The game installs a program called Pandoo Media Booster which uses P2P to help you update and load the game. It works in a very similar way to torrents where you're expected to upload any "pieces" you've fully completed to other players and receive the pieces you need in return to finish your client update. There is a possibility that your client will simply keep uploading after you've logged on and while you're playing a match (known as "seeding").
This method helps Riot by reducing stress and costs on their servers. Uploads use a greater portion of your internet bandwidth and causes lag not only in LoL but other internet applications.
By turning this off, it ensures you're only downloading from Riot's servers and there is no P2P being used which should turn off uploading.

FAQ:
1. Who should turn off P2P?
People with slow and/or laggy internet connections, although anyone can do this.

2. Why is it on by default?
It benefits Riot by not letting your client view them as the sole supplier of files that you need by providing multiple sources in the form of other players with the feature enabled.

3. Why do updates never work when servers go down and I have P2P on?
The same servers allow you to login. You can try updating on a different region so you're almost ready for when your preferred region is back online. There are region specific files that you must wait to download.

(Jokes beyond this point)

Spoiler

• Unknown828, Spaciouz, Deadlycure and 1 other like this

Posted Image

Posted Image

#2 Matthew

Matthew

SCP-173

• +Exclusive Member
  • Others: Recruitment Team
  • 5457 posts

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Posted 23 October 2012 - 12:10 AM

Brilliant. All of it.

One of my main problems with LoL was the FPS problem. I'll turn that off and see how it does. Now that I know Selene is a goddess and Ray is amazing, I'm sure I can do it. Thanks! :D

(ง •̀_•́)ง

#3 Unknown828

Unknown828

His Unkiness

• Senior Administrator
  • 341 posts

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Posted 23 October 2012 - 02:06 AM

9. Who's the best LoL player in the clan?
It's entirely based on opinion as there are many factors that determine whether you win or lose in each match. For me it'll be Unk because he's been doing most of the guiding for the new clanmates that are now playing the game and has pulled the team to many victories all on his own.

D'aww. <3. I'm certainly not the best AD. You with Nocturn is orgasmic.

I'm going to go ahead and pin this and remove the second one you posted by accident. This can really help clear up lag for people with internet run by polar bears and moose. (I may or may not be referring to Holy)

Rschar2.png

#4 Holy

Holy

Moe

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4647 posts

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Posted 23 October 2012 - 05:35 AM

I'm going to go ahead and pin this and remove the second one you posted by accident. This can really help clear up lag for people with internet run by polar bears and moose. (I may or may not be referring to Holy)

I resent that.

#5 Kiza

Kiza

The Divine

• Clan Member
  • Others: Helper
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2081 posts

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Posted 23 October 2012 - 06:13 AM

Thanks Momo, always wanted to know what that did.

Edit: What are all our league names so I can add them?
Posted Image

#6 Ray

Ray

Man of many titles

• GW2 Management
  • Others: Recruitment Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1382 posts

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Posted 23 October 2012 - 08:20 AM

6. Is Ray amazing?
So we were playing this one game where our team destroyed an inhibitor. It was us 5 waiting for a lonely noob to strike at us, you could tell he was hesitant. Ray was playing as Volibear who's pretty tanky but low on health at the time. He's at the back of the line and says "Yo I'm just gonna tp in front of this fag" and starts to recall back to base (like RS' home teleport). The guy sees this and instantly tries to charge through us to get to Ray, suffering massive damage. As soon as he gets to Ray, Ray deals a massive swipe and murders him. I couldn't stop laughing for ages.

That gangplank was so butt hurt.

tumblr_mbp4d3ySxL1rhv8lio5_400.gifCammy-super2.gif

Bitcoin (฿): 1D4Jxg4Xt2EZNZoYuDvDeYBPQ7ABKDHGbA (Click for QR Code)
Litecoin (Ł): Lfx3Rm1yCEaaRDqenUUqfSBGCZRdFEx6a9 (Click for QR Code)