Photo

[Not used]Requirement for maxing citadel

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
9 replies to this topic

Poll: [Not used]Requirement for maxing citadel (4 member(s) have cast votes)

Should there be a requirement for maxing citadel?

1. Yes (2 votes [50.00%])

Percentage of vote: 50.00%

2. No (2 votes [50.00%])

Percentage of vote: 50.00%

Vote

#1 DJ Knight77

DJ Knight77

Posting Pro

• Clan Member
  • Others: Clan Friend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 120 posts

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Posted 01 July 2013 - 02:12 PM

I think it is time for there to be some sort of requirement for all clan members that have a membership subscription should have to attend the citadel once a week and do some sort of contribution. Now i know most people wont want to because they want to spend time doing other things in RS. But as a member of the recruitment team i have found it to be hard sometimes to recruit in game because most people want their clan to have a high level citadel. At the current rate we are going, where we have some of the same members maxing every week we will never make it to level 4 citadel or maintain a level 4 citadel if we achieve it. I think it is time that everyone in the clan that is able should max in order to make a clan grow and bring in new generations of people to carry on subsistence. 

I know this will make a lot of people angry but its time for us to step up our game and take this clan to the next level. We can't just sit back and let things run its course anymore. 

Im adding a poll just to see who agrees and who doesn't. 

And lets keep this civilized in discussion.

• ARIES likes this

#2 Dw Vonder

Dw Vonder

Forum Whore

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2269 posts

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Posted 01 July 2013 - 02:22 PM

POPULAR

This is a no requirements clan. This will not be used.

• Joshua, MortalNinja, Holy and 2 others like this

dw%20vonder.png

max.png

cPgArNE.png
g8v.png

#3 Matthew

Matthew

SCP-173

• +Exclusive Member
  • Others: Recruitment Team
  • 5457 posts

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Posted 01 July 2013 - 02:29 PM

We've been down this road before. Unfortunately it won't happen. Some people will see it as punishment for being a member in the clan. I don't think there is any way possible to get people to max. It takes up too much time.

I've visited several clans in the past two years outside of Subsistence. A majority of those clans make it a requirement to do some work at the citadel. We just have a bunch of lazy people in our clan.

So here's my suggestion that came from a clan who had a max citadel before the update that made it easier.

Every member must collect 200 resources a week. If a member misses three weeks, they lose a rank. That would be difficult in our clan since rank is a forum thing.

Clan members who collect over 1,000 resources gain one ticket in a giveaway.

Clan members who collect the maximum amount gain 2 tickets. Five maxes highly increased the chances of a promotion. Clan members who max three times in a row gain 5 tickets on the third week. The winner of the giveaway can not win two times on a row.

I think of you implement this system into our own, some of the lazy people might help a little.

(ง •̀_•́)ง

#4 Smitty

Smitty

Chief

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1205 posts

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Posted 01 July 2013 - 02:34 PM

Every member must collect 200 resources a week. If a member misses three weeks, they lose a rank.

Is this just a scheme to force Christian out of power?

• John likes this

#5 Dw Vonder

Dw Vonder

Forum Whore

• 2269 posts

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Posted 01 July 2013 - 02:34 PM

Maybe make it a requirement to visit but I don't see that happening either. There has to be a punishment fr not doing these things if you wanna call it a "requirement" and there's really nothing that could be given or taken from the members who don't do it. In all honesty this will not happen.

dw%20vonder.png

max.png

cPgArNE.png
g8v.png

#6 ARIES

ARIES

Advanced Member

• Recruitment Team
  • PipPipPip
  • 48 posts

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Posted 01 July 2013 - 02:36 PM

I agree for those who contribute alot more including maxing at the citadel there should be some sort of rank bonus. For those who do not want to contribute, they should just remain a lower rank. If we aren't doing something for the benefit of everyone in the clan to improve things for the future..then what is the real point? Lets just all break up and have our own personal friends list and do our own thing. I respect the fact that there aren't really any general rules for the clan and thats cool, I'm down for that. But when we only have 2 or 3 people that consistently contribute to progress, something is failing and we will never gain new members this way and move forward to the future of Subsistence. I'm sorry but if something isn't worked out soon...I'll be forced to leave the "clan" since it appears there is alot of seperation about to happen just because some people are lazy or "it doesn't benefit them".  I didnt' join this clan to sit idle and watch things crumble, I want to watch them grow into a giant beautiful plant lol. I agree with almost all of Matthews points. Lets do something please for the greater good. Thanks for your consideration.

Posted Image

#7 DJ Knight77

DJ Knight77

Posting Pro

• Clan Member
  • Others: Clan Friend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 120 posts

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Posted 01 July 2013 - 02:39 PM

Maybe make it a requirement to visit but I don't see that happening either. There has to be a punishment fr not doing these things if you wanna call it a "requirement" and there's really nothing that could be given or taken from the members who don't do it. In all honesty this will not happen.

I see what you're saying vonder. I just thought it is about time everyone steps up to the plate and not just a few people carrying the clan. You can see it at the rate we are going it will take months to reach the next level of citadel. Were as if everyone contributes we can reach our goals in no time. 

Is this just a scheme to force Christian out of power?

Why would we want to force christian out? He's the one that brought most of in this clan after the split. Christian should be in charge. 

#8 Dw Vonder

Dw Vonder

Forum Whore

• 2269 posts

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Posted 01 July 2013 - 02:42 PM

Look you guys... I RUN THE CITADEL, and I'm really trying to tell you that not only does this suggestion completely contradict one of the guiding principles of the clan (no reqs) but also that THIS WILL CAUSE NOTHING BUT BAD THINGS. It is not a good idea to try and *make* the clan members do *anything* it will always end with a number of members saying things like "fuck you and fuck the Citadel" and that's just not going to help. I tried to do something like this in the past with senior members and it didn't work then with people who are supposed to be far more invested with the clan than the average member (although after that new tweak I don't know if thats 100% accurate anymore) and it certainly won't work with your average, two chevron having member. I offer incentives to people who max because I believe that "you catch more flies with honey than vinegar" and "reward works better than punishment", the Citadel will just be something that gains and loses favor sporadically.

dw%20vonder.png

max.png

cPgArNE.png
g8v.png

#9 Smitty

Smitty

Chief

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1205 posts

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Posted 01 July 2013 - 02:44 PM

Why would we want to force christian out? He's the one that brought most of in this clan after the split. Christian should be in charge. 

Twas a joke poking fun at the fact that he'll never collect 200 resources on any occasion, thus, according to Matt's new system at least, causing him to lose his senior admin position.

#10 Dw Vonder

Dw Vonder

Forum Whore

• 2269 posts

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Posted 01 July 2013 - 02:46 PM

Locked per request

dw%20vonder.png

max.png

cPgArNE.png
g8v.png

Bitcoin (฿): 1D4Jxg4Xt2EZNZoYuDvDeYBPQ7ABKDHGbA (Click for QR Code)
Litecoin (Ł): Lfx3Rm1yCEaaRDqenUUqfSBGCZRdFEx6a9 (Click for QR Code)