Uber Poster

• Clan Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 559 posts

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Posted 07 October 2013 - 04:35 PM

So,

Curse just announced major roster changes with Voyboy the only players from S3 staying as a main player, Saint is now a coach and Cop is a sub. I honestly have no idea what is happening with Nyjacky and EDward.

In their places are IWillDomintate, Pobelter, Aphromoo and Zekent.

Here's the news post :http://www.teamcurse...ends/team-curse 

IWD is a suprise to me with curse being a big organisation that just "Hired" someone who was banned as well as Pobelter purely because of his age....

Thoughts?

With Season 3 being nearly over and worlds done, I expect further roster changes so if any more do happen I'll post them in here.

viktor_sig_by_sarhian-d5601hc.png

#2 Steph

Steph

The People's Messiah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3942 posts

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Posted 07 October 2013 - 05:38 PM

Serious question. Do you guys consider this a sport? And find it as exciting as say I would watching my football club?
  • MJDurlak likes this
Posted Image

Attack - Strength - Defence - Constitution - Herblore - Prayer - Construction - Firemaking - Ranged - Cooking
Spoiler

#3 Spiny Hollow

Spiny Hollow

ℓєєт Poster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1098 posts

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Posted 07 October 2013 - 07:05 PM

There's so many unknown variables in this roster change that it's hard to tell whether it will be a change for the better, but I honestly think they might be very exciting changes. Voyboy is the only individual Curse player I've ever really liked anyway, so it's good that he'll be there. As hilarious as I think Saint Vicious is (particularly when he used to get drunk 24/7) I never really liked him as a jungler, and think he's a bit full of himself, so it's.... interesting that he's now the "coach".

The new additions to the lineup seem very strong, as far as their resumes are concerned, so it will be good to see how it plays out. Curse is arguably my favourite North American team (although not being a North American myself, I don't blindly support half of the obviously bad NA teams, and tend to care more about Korean teams and stuff than most American fans do).

Serious question. Do you guys consider this a sport? And find it as exciting as say I would watching my football club?

Yeah I consider it a sport, once you get into the game and understand it, it's just as enjoyable as watching anything. Some football fans don't like tennis, some do, so it's the same kind of boat.

An amusing personal anecdote about League as a sport, is that the final game between Korea's SKT and China's Royal Club at the League of Legends WCS tournament happened an exact week after the Grand Final of my countries football. Two weekends in a row I sat down at the same time of day to get drunk, and watch the season final of sports I like :P (Coincidentally both teams I was supporting in their respective finals won).

n4Rnh9I.png

#4 Matthew

Matthew

SCP-173

• +Exclusive Member
  • Others: Recruitment Team
  • 5457 posts

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Posted 07 October 2013 - 07:26 PM

Yes, it is a legitimate sport. League of Legends is the biggest E-Sport as far as I know. Even though League isn't my thing, I support every E-Sport since I'm part of one. They are very coordinated and they have an enormous fanbase. I'm a big supporter of my favorite team, OpTic. Most professional players have a specific role in their team, just like a sport with a ball does. 

http://en.wikipedia....ectronic_sports

http://en.wikipedia....r_League_Gaming

http://na.lolesports.com/

(ง •̀_•́)ง

#5 Holy

Holy

Moe

• 4647 posts

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Posted 07 October 2013 - 08:54 PM

Cop and Jacky are now on Curse's alternate Team, LoLPro. EDward hasn't said what he's going to do. He may go back to Europe, or might stay in NA (but I'm not sure many teams are looking for supports right now - maybe CLG, but I doubt that).

IWD is a suprise to me with curse being a big organisation that just "Hired" someone who was banned as well as Pobelter purely because of his age....

IWD wasn't just "hired". He was on Curse Academy the entire time he was banned from the LCS (both as a player and a coach); Saint himself mentioned that he would probably go into a coaching position for Curse and have IWD replace him for a split. After watching a few of their games on Voyboy's stream, he doesn't seem toxic at all. To top it off, he's a great jungler.

Pretty much the same goes for Pobelter; he wasn't picked up purely because of his age. He's a phenomenal player, and was already being looked at by Curse (and many other teams) loooooooooooooooooong before he turned 17. The only reason he wasn't in the LCS last split(s) is because he was too young (you have to be 17 to play).

Either way, both IWD and Pobelter are strong pickups in my opinion.

The only change I'm not sure of is Aphromoo for Cop. Aphromoo isn't bad, don't get me wrong, but I don't see how Curse gains anything from swapping the two. Maybe it's a communication issue, maybe he wanted to play with Jacky, who knows.

#6 Nerfed Kill

Nerfed Kill

Uber Poster

• Clan Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 559 posts

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Posted 08 October 2013 - 10:07 AM

I'm still slightly confused with the fact they put two of their main players from last split onto a team not in the lcs, but going from what Holy said they are being replaced with good players.

Another question being Is the new team the one that will fight to stay in the LCS?

#7 Holy

Holy

Moe

• 4647 posts

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Posted 08 October 2013 - 02:30 PM

Another question being Is the new team the one that will fight to stay in the LCS?

The team Voy is on (which will still be called Team Curse), is the team facing relegation.

#8 Nerfed Kill

Nerfed Kill

Uber Poster

• Clan Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 559 posts

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Posted 08 October 2013 - 02:40 PM

The team Voy is on (which will still be called Team Curse), is the team facing relegation.

That's risky, whether they've had time to practice or previous experience etc. they are still playing with a team that hasn't played together in a major competition....

#9 Holy

Holy

Moe

• 4647 posts

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Posted 08 October 2013 - 06:44 PM

That's risky, whether they've had time to practice or previous experience etc. they are still playing with a team that hasn't played together in a major competition....

Starting on the 10th they are playing in the North American Challenger League, alongside 7 other teams, lasting for 8 weeks. I'm sure they'll have lots of experience playing together :)

More info, if you're interested in watching the NACL: http://lol.gamepedia...allenger_League

#10 Holy

Holy

Moe

• 4647 posts

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Posted 13 October 2013 - 01:43 PM

Pobelter kicked, school problems.

Bitcoin (฿): 1D4Jxg4Xt2EZNZoYuDvDeYBPQ7ABKDHGbA (Click for QR Code)
Litecoin (Ł): Lfx3Rm1yCEaaRDqenUUqfSBGCZRdFEx6a9 (Click for QR Code)