#21 Steph

Steph

The People's Messiah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3942 posts

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Posted 17 December 2013 - 07:00 PM

This might be more of a discussion for a different forum, but if this is does work out, and considering a fair few of us have the abilities to do things on this, we could possibly expand. Might be looking a bit too far ahead but this could add additional clans. Would require more maintenance, but considering the group of people here, we'd definitely be able to do it.

Sorry, been thinking with my business hat the last few days.

• John likes this
Posted Image

Attack - Strength - Defence - Constitution - Herblore - Prayer - Construction - Firemaking - Ranged - Cooking
Spoiler

#22 John

John

Forum Whore

• Clan Member
  • 2600 posts

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Posted 17 December 2013 - 09:46 PM

This might be more of a discussion for a different forum, but if this is does work out, and considering a fair few of us have the abilities to do things on this, we could possibly expand. Might be looking a bit too far ahead but this could add additional clans. Would require more maintenance, but considering the group of people here, we'd definitely be able to do it.

We'll see where it goes I guess. I can imagine that building this thing will give me/us more than enough experience to go onto something more ambitious.
  • Steph likes this
2015-01-07-Charlie.jpg

#23 Christian

Christian

Dear Leader

• Senior Administrator
  • 984 posts

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Posted 18 December 2013 - 01:05 AM

Maybe one day.  Keep in mind that there is a significant gap between the level of quality necessary to keep a feature proprietary and only for use in-house versus offering it to everyone on the outside.  Essentially, it needs to be really nice to actually convince people to use our software versus all the other options.

• John likes this
"I hereby swear to abandon all fear; to question everything; to trust in myself; to honor those before me as I excel, and to support those who follow as they ascend. I swear that I will never accept another’s standard for success, as I set mine one measure higher. When I am finished, no one will ever look at me the same way again."

#24 Bowsie

Bowsie

Drun.K

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 756 posts

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Posted 18 December 2013 - 07:59 AM

Maybe one day.  Keep in mind that there is a significant gap between the level of quality necessary to keep a feature proprietary and only for use in-house versus offering it to everyone on the outside.  Essentially, it needs to be really nice to actually convince people to use our software versus all the other options.

I read every single one of your posts in Gandalf's voice.

• Fenway, Seán and Dw Vonder like this

#25 John

John

Forum Whore

• Clan Member
  • 2600 posts

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Posted 27 December 2013 - 02:53 PM

Putting this on hold for a week or so, my mac is in the shop and turning my pc on revealed the gnu had melted to some degree so i'm computer-less.

2015-01-07-Charlie.jpg

#26 John

John

Forum Whore

• Clan Member
  • 2600 posts

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Posted 15 January 2014 - 09:33 PM

Minor update.

I'm still working on this, my excitement over runescape has dropped off but I'm still having fun designing this thing so I'll keep going. I've gone through several rounds of building/debugging and the core structure of the site is in place, I'm pulling data from the website, sorting it and presenting it in a basic level but it's all there.

A guy on reddit is going to look at my PHP when I'm nearing completion and I just bought a book and online course on AJAX so I'll move on to that soon-ish.
  • Momo and Dw Vonder like this
2015-01-07-Charlie.jpg

#27 Ray

Ray

Man of many titles

• GW2 Management
  • Others: Recruitment Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1382 posts

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Posted 20 January 2014 - 12:52 AM

how goes your overall progess? and is your data on github?

tumblr_mbp4d3ySxL1rhv8lio5_400.gifCammy-super2.gif

#28 John

John

Forum Whore

• Clan Member
  • 2600 posts

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Posted 20 January 2014 - 10:08 AM

how goes your overall progess? and is your data on github?

Not on bit yet, though I should probably do that. I would hope to gave an alpha for general use by early march or around then, I'm rather bush for the next few months so I won't gave much free time.
2015-01-07-Charlie.jpg

#29 John

John

Forum Whore

• Clan Member
  • 2600 posts

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Posted 14 December 2014 - 11:50 PM

...bump.

I'm back on this again.

I pretty much lost all the work i did before because i neglected to comment the code, so i haven't the faintest idea what any of it does. I have however learned a lot more about server side stuff so i'm quite content with how i'm going to do all the database and fiddly stuff.

I do, however, know fuck all about making stuff look pretty with CSS and all that fancy junk so, you know, anybody that wants to could help me out on that.

I'm not 100% sure how much use it'll get but i figure there's enough people that still play RS to make it something worth having.

http://www.kaonplus.com/first.php

I'm using this page as my canvas of sorts, as i work out how to do stuff i'll test it on this.

The numbers there right now are actually a result of a Unescape PI pulling the stats and me cycling through the array. Which is a good first step for an idiot.

Edited by John, 15 December 2014 - 12:08 AM.

2015-01-07-Charlie.jpg

#30 Momo

Momo

The World's Finest

• Clan Member
  • 3198 posts
  • Steam: Momo
  • XBL: Momo786X
  • LocationWales, United Kingdom
  • RSN: Momo
  • Guild Wars:Momo.4390

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Posted 15 December 2014 - 12:52 AM

Hey Atomic,

Spiny suggested we used RuneClan and I created a page for our clan:

http://www.runeclan....lan/Subsistence

Let me know if this pretty much covers what you were working on.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#31 John

John

Forum Whore

• Clan Member
  • 2600 posts

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Posted 15 December 2014 - 11:38 AM

Hey Atomic,

Spiny suggested we used RuneClan and I created a page for our clan:

http://www.runeclan....lan/Subsistence

Let me know if this pretty much covers what you were working on.

That's kind of what i was going for but not so much with the tracking aspect.

My idea was basically a hybrid of rune's both Track and Head because i personally think runetrack and rune tracker are pretty crappy, what with all the comic sans.

I'll keep going on this, after all if we're trying to give ourselves a boost something specifically made for this clan might be nice.

Thanks for telling me about that though, nice to see what i'm up against :P

2015-01-07-Charlie.jpg

Bitcoin (฿): 1D4Jxg4Xt2EZNZoYuDvDeYBPQ7ABKDHGbA (Click for QR Code)
Litecoin (Ł): Lfx3Rm1yCEaaRDqenUUqfSBGCZRdFEx6a9 (Click for QR Code)