Photo

Director of Membership Management applications are now open!

Thank you Horses!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
8 replies to this topic

#1 Fenway

Fenway

Director of RuneScape Affairs

• Administrator
  • 4124 posts

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Posted 14 April 2014 - 09:22 PM

First off, I'd like to thank Horses for her service as DoMM the past few months, she did a good job and we wish her all the best with her studies at Uni and having to deal with being in the same city as Steph, we all know how hard that can be.

Applications for the Director of Membership Management (DoMM) are officially open. The DoMM manages the entire Membership Management Department. The role of the DoMM is to manage all Clan Members with regards to Status Changes, Applications and Medals. This is a very demanding position that requires a lot of time, as well as activity both in-game and on the forums. Being a member in RuneScape is not necessary.

Specific Responsibilities:

• Helping new members get settled in.
  • Accepting applications and validating them when all necessary requirements are met.
  • Keeping Runehead and the Clan Chat lists updated. [RuneHead has been broken for awhile. Until it gets fixed, this responsibility is on hold]
  • Maintaining order in Clan Chat, IRC, and Ventrilo if necessary.
  • Help out in other Leadership areas if needed.
  • Contribute to Leadership discussions.
  • Active on forums and semi-active in game.

Application Form (Use CONTROL-SHIFT-V to paste it into your app!):

Name when first joined the clan:
Display Name now:
Time in clan:
Are you in any other clans or RuneScape communities?:
Do you hold Leadership positions in any other clans?
What sets you apart in terms of Leadership qualities?:
In at least 300 words, address an issue or area in the clan you'd like to improve as a Director. You can discuss whatever you feel is appropriate. This can be anything, but preferably related to the Department of Membership management:

Applications will close on April 21st, 2014, at 10:15 PM EDT. 

• Momo and Seán like this

Director of Runescape Affairs
Fenway.png
Fenway.png
Fenway.png
Fenway.png

#2 Holy

Holy

Moe

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4647 posts

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Posted 15 April 2014 - 05:25 AM

POPULAR

Name when first joined the clan: Holy

Display Name now: Holy

Time in clan: >3yrs

Are you in any other clans or RuneScape communities?: No

Do you hold Leadership positions in any other clans? No

What sets you apart in terms of Leadership qualities?: Nothing

In at least 300 words, address an issue or area in the clan you'd like to improve as a Director. You can discuss whatever you feel is appropriate. This can be anything, but preferably related to the Department of Membership management:

When I first joined subsistence, it was my dream to become the Director of Membership Management. I remember when I first joined, a wee lad who had voice cracks every other word and was just entering high school, and looking up to some of the greats (or at least those who I think were okay members of society), and thinking, "god fucking dammit Subsistence sucks dick." I mean, does anyone new even play? We barely ever get new members on the forums, and I never see anyone new in the clan chat. It's always the same five or six people, never talking, not being interactive. And what happened to events? I'm pretty sure nobody is interested. This application is a joke. Does anybody actually read this? We have something like 500 people listed as clan members on runescape, but how many even play? Who the hell is Baukura0? Or Agkr? Or any of the other 487 "members" of the clan that are listed? I'm not sure. After I finished writing my blurb, I realized I was a few words short of three hundred, so I'm typing this sentence in the hopes that I can end off my short piece with 299 words. If I were elected DoMM by you fine people, I would make sure to make Subsistence a better place. If you have a problem? Come talk to Holy! Need a polar bear, or a moose? I'm your guy! I can't do that stuff without being DoMM though, so don't even think about it if you don't vote for me. In short, I hope to change the clan for the better, in both short-term and long-term ways. My plans are to manage the membership, maintain a good standing level of management of the members, and much, much more.

Good luck to the other candidates!

• Momo, MortalNinja, Fenway and 7 others like this

#3 Chriss

Chriss

• Clan Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 94 posts

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Posted 15 April 2014 - 03:02 PM

Goodluck to everyone, Currently moving countries next month so won't be active enough sadly.

#4 MortalNinja

MortalNinja

Forum Whore

• Clan Friend
  • Others: +Exclusive Member
  • 2093 posts

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Posted 15 April 2014 - 09:48 PM

I can't run against holy lol, goodluck all applicants.

Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted Image

#5 Momo

Momo

The World's Finest

• Clan Member
  • 3198 posts
  • Steam: Momo
  • XBL: Momo786X
  • LocationWales, United Kingdom
  • RSN: Momo
  • Guild Wars:Momo.4390

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Posted 17 April 2014 - 07:45 PM

Name when first joined the clan:

Momo786

Display Name now:

Momo786

Time in clan:

3 years 11 months since I first joined (4 years in 3 weeks)

Are you in any other clans or RuneScape communities?:

No

Do you hold Leadership positions in any other clans?

No

What sets you apart in terms of Leadership qualities?:

I have previous experience in this position back in 2011 and was upgraded to an Administrator of Membership Management. I believe my performance and attitude at the time was pivotal to helping me achieve my (former) Legendary Member rank. Out of all the leadership positions, I yearn for this one more than the others and have an actual desire to rebuild this position.

In at least 300 words, address an issue or area in the clan you'd like to improve as a Director. You can discuss whatever you feel is appropriate. This can be anything, but preferably related to the Department of Membership Management:

I personally feel that the DoMM position has lost a lot of shine. It recently came to my attention that we haven't seen new blood in 2014 at all. The current member base we have may be around and such, but they don't seem to be enough at any one point, nor do we have a strong RuneScape player base within the game anymore. While bringing in new members isn't the responsibility of the DoMM, this role does play an important part in making sure players that are old and new continue to stay.

I'd like to make sure that every account on the forums and every rank in the clan chat are accounted for. This means that there will be no unlinked account, medals are all updated, correct rank etc. This task was something I used to do roughly once a month back in 2011 and took many hours, however I'd be more than willing to do this in order to add what I feel is a little nice touch to how the clan appears to everyone. With the announced return of F2P highscores, this could add some interesting value to names that have once been a part of the clan before but are no longer with us. I say this because of a rule we have that prevents us from removing or deleting players on the forums and in the clan chat (which is again another issue I want to look into). Another thing somewhat related are all the important pinned topics in various sub-forums that have lost their formatting resulting from IP Board updates. I'd like to keep these looking updated and modern. On a small note, I'll be taking a look at IRC and Ventrilo and fixing any oddities that are there. It's these small things that take little effort which can make a whole world of difference to some that I'll be taking some stride in.

While again not the responsibility of this position, I'd like to address rank inactivity. There is a topic back from 2011 to put in an impeachment system and it's pretty large. Before I decided to type this application up I decided to look over it again and felt that the problems we had back then are quite similar to what we have now, except there isn't a steady supply of new members nowadays. I have previously mentioned concerns of the absence of a Director recently (of course very, very understandable), but there was and is no contingency plan. No temporary Director to fill the role, no step up from the Events team (understandable as there's no top level prodding here and the number base is really small) and no one else really caring. And here we can see it is one of this position's responsibilities to fill in where needed. There seems to be a bit of inconsistency here, or it's all either being quietly dismissed.

The way RuneScape clans work and run have changed. There is now a much bigger emphasis on actual clan activity within the game than ever before. This clan however, hasn't changed very much in response to this new dynamic and this could simply be because things still went fine when initially but now we’re in a tight spot. Activity on all fronts has gone down, both regular and leadership but it's the people in ranks that need to step up and I would very much like to be a part of that. I am really close to a Max cape and my activity has improved quite a substantial amount so I hope to provide everyone with direct communication and access to someone in the leadership in the many varied time zones I seem to play. One positive I have to say and hopefully will inspire me is that, while there were little to no people attending all the regular events that were being pumped out on a regular basis, it was very nice seeing responsibility being fulfilled and everyone having the freedom to choose whether they wanted to attend.

I did want to make a bullet point list entailing all the changes and concepts I wanted to bring about but I feel that the current system need more attention right now. Of course I'll be bringing some of these forward when the time is ready so everyone can voice their opinions and concerns.

Thank you all for reading my application and good luck to all the applicants!

• Fenway, Seán, HadesKratos and 1 other like this

Posted Image

Posted Image

#6 Holy

Holy

Moe

• 4647 posts

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Posted 17 April 2014 - 07:50 PM

Thank you all for reading my application and good luck to all the applicants!

ur going down scrub

• Momo, Seán and UrASmurf like this

#7 HadesKratos

HadesKratos

Deus Omnium

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1371 posts
  • Steam: HadesKratos
  • LocationHell ( next to Tartarus, south of the giant "You are Here" sign) or New Jersey
  • RSN: HadesKratos
  • Minecraft:WarLordKratos

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Posted 20 April 2014 - 09:22 PM

good luck

user1-dark.png

Hades_Kratos.png
Goal:
Spoiler

#8 UrASmurf

UrASmurf

Court Jester

• Clan Member
  • Others: Recruitment Team
  • 1556 posts
  • Steam: UrASmurf
  • LocationQuick, look behind you!
  • RSN: UrASmurf
  • Minecraft:UrASmurf

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Posted 25 April 2014 - 07:47 PM

Am I missing something, or is this not happening anymore...

Spoiler

qXSpaNp.png

My Steam Profile (from SteamDB)

• Worth: $991
  • Games owned: 95
  • Games not played: 35
  • Percentage: 45%
  • Hours spent: 1,484.3h

#9 Joshua

Joshua

Tech Admin\WRPG Fanatic

• Senior Administrator
  • 1906 posts

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Posted 25 April 2014 - 08:22 PM

Am I missing something, or is this not happening anymore...

These are not the droids you're looking for.

Got a problem with the forum, another clan mate, or something in the clan chat? PM me and I'll take care of it.

BhHin9N.png

Bitcoin (฿): 1D4Jxg4Xt2EZNZoYuDvDeYBPQ7ABKDHGbA (Click for QR Code)
Litecoin (Ł): Lfx3Rm1yCEaaRDqenUUqfSBGCZRdFEx6a9 (Click for QR Code)