• Clan Friend
  • Others: +Exclusive Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2094 posts

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Posted 17 May 2014 - 11:49 PM

Hello everyone!

So, the purpose of this post is quite frankly out of boredom. I can't sleep and I need a way to try and clear my mind, and having a bit of free-writing can usually do the trick. Also, I am really excited to be the new Director of Events, and I don't really know how many people in the clan know me all that well. So, in this topic, I'm just going to kind of reintroduce myself to the clan in a biographic style.

First off, my name is Sam. I live in a small town just outside of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, 'Merica, and I'm 18. I'm planning to attend a small liberal arts college in my area in the fall to pursue an undergraduate degree in Physics with a minor in Education, with the intent to either become a high school science teacher or to work through graduate school and obtain a PhD in Theoretical Physics, with which I would then teach at the collegiate level and perform research. I can't wait to see if I manage to stick with that major or if it will change by my Sophomore year, which happens to so many people. Other than that, I just earned the rank of Eagle Scout in Boy Scouts of America, I am classified as an honors student in my high school, I work as a store associate at OfficeMax, and I have a passion for music, specifically singing. I do consider my self an ameatur gamer, and, besides Runescape, I play a lot of different steam games, such as Killing Floor, Civilization 5, and Realm of the Mad God, and I am also an avid Minecraft fan. Below, I will go a bit more in depth into each detail above just for kicks. 

Physics? Who in the world would like that?

Spoiler

My Scouting Experience

Spoiler

Scholarship/Education

Spoiler

My First Real Job

Spoiler

Music

Spoiler

Minecraft

Spoiler

As far as clan background, my first account was created in 2009 and MiniBandGeek coerced me into creating it. It's name was Sirmasonking and I went horribly inactive. I rejoined with this account on February 11th, 2010, under the name Absaloin. I joined the Recruitment Team, made it to Senior Member status, and then was selected to be the Assistant Director of Membership Management by a player named Ser Germain (it used to be that Directors picked their assistants). He had medical issues, and so for a few months I was acting Director of Membership Management, which was a cool experience. By now it's 2011 and Germ had to be removed for inactivity and another player chose a different assistant over me. I then participated in the different projects going on in SST, such as the radio, newspaper, and yearbook, which I would kind of like to see come back eventually  :rolleyes:. I then single-handedly (jk) persuaded Christian to create the Director of Programs position to help with every project's needs in the clan. I soon became the DoP and held that position for 4 to 5 months before having to step down due to dwindling time availability. By the end of 2012, all of the projects were cancelled. After that, I helped start a clan Minecraft server, and was a proponent for the change to a Gaming Community as opposed to just a Runescape clan. Then, we figured out that it was a bit more than we could handle and we needed to focus on Runescape still. I still host a Minecraft server now (but it's currently in a state of flux  :wacko:) and it's great. From then on, I was just a Senior member, helping out where I could.

And now, I am the Director of Events for the clan. I'm pretty excited to be in Leadership once again and hope that I can help the clan grow to what it really could be. If you have any requests or suggestions for me, let me know! I'm happy to hear from anyone. That goes for issues as well, I have no problem with helping anyone here out. Much like scouting, Subsistence has become a part of me over these past four years, and I can't really see an end to it coming soon. Thanks for reading!

~ Sam / Mort

• Seán, Andrew, HadesKratos and 1 other like this

Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted Image

#2 Dw Vonder

Dw Vonder

Forum Whore

• 2269 posts

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Posted 17 May 2014 - 11:54 PM

I kinda wanna do one of these... but I feel like it would just turn into a whole blog thing.

• MortalNinja and Seán like this

dw%20vonder.png

max.png

cPgArNE.png
g8v.png

#3 Turds

Turds

Forum Whore

• Clan Friend
  • 3330 posts
  • LocationKentucky
  • RSN: Turds

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Posted 18 May 2014 - 12:23 AM

Excited to see what you are gonna be doing with events. Welcome aboard.
  • MortalNinja likes this

RS3:
user1-light.png
OSRS:
MrTurds.png

#4 Seán

Seán

Forum Slut

• 3283 posts

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Posted 18 May 2014 - 08:32 AM

Grats on DoE and I can't wait to see what you'll do with events. :)

'ᶦ ˢʷᵉᵃʳ ᵗᵒ ᵍᵒᵈ ᶦᶠ ᵃᶰʸ ᵒᶠ ʸᵒᵘ ᵐᵒᵗʰᵉʳʳᶠᵘᶜᵏᵉʳˢ ᶜᵒᵖʸ ᵃᶰᵈ ᵖᵃˢᵗᵉ ᵗʰᶦˢ ʸᵒᵘ ʷᶦᶫᶫ ᵇᵉ ᶦᶰ ˢᵉʳᶦᵒᵘˢ ᵗʳᵒᵘᵇᶫᵉ' ~ Holy 2014

4FmTwg8.gif

user1-dark.png

Ye Olde Cape Raque

J0cOZ.png

/o\   <- Divination Cape

/#\   <- Firemaking Cape

/O<\   <- Fishing Cape 

/+\   <- Prayer Cape 

/oo\   <- Thieving Cape 

/->\   <- Mining Cape 

/π\   <- Smithing Cape 

/^[]\   <- Farming Cape 

/0\ <- Dungeoneering Cape 

#5 Steph

Steph

The People's Messiah

• 3942 posts

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Posted 18 May 2014 - 05:21 PM

Nice to read. Out of curiosity, why teaching? Even a minor degree in Theoretical Physics can land you in big cash, let alone a PhD
Posted Image

Attack - Strength - Defence - Constitution - Herblore - Prayer - Construction - Firemaking - Ranged - Cooking
Spoiler

#6 John

John

Forum Whore

• Clan Member
  • 2600 posts

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Posted 18 May 2014 - 06:31 PM

People should do more of these, i feel like i don't know anything about half the regulars here.

2015-01-07-Charlie.jpg

#7 MortalNinja

MortalNinja

Forum Whore

• Clan Friend
  • Others: +Exclusive Member
  • 2094 posts

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Posted 18 May 2014 - 08:41 PM

Nice to read. Out of curiosity, why teaching? Even a minor degree in Theoretical Physics can land you in big cash, let alone a PhD

I like teaching and education and stuff. The fields that make big cash are also highly competitive and highly unstable in the way of employment.

• John likes this

Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted Image

#8 Steph

Steph

The People's Messiah

• 3942 posts

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Posted 19 May 2014 - 12:09 PM

I like teaching and education and stuff. The fields that make big cash are also highly competitive and highly unstable in the way of employment.

Fair enough, each to their own. Children are ehh...well..You've all seen my with kids around here :P Awesome plans though, best of luck.
Posted Image

Attack - Strength - Defence - Constitution - Herblore - Prayer - Construction - Firemaking - Ranged - Cooking
Spoiler

#9 Turds

Turds

Forum Whore

• Clan Friend
  • 3330 posts
  • LocationKentucky
  • RSN: Turds

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Posted 19 May 2014 - 12:12 PM

You've all seen my with kids around here :P

True dat. Poor Seany.

RS3:
user1-light.png
OSRS:
MrTurds.png

#10 Seán

Seán

Forum Slut

• 3283 posts

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Posted 19 May 2014 - 03:04 PM

True dat. Poor Seany.

He totally didn't corrupt my soul. Just saying.

• John likes this

'ᶦ ˢʷᵉᵃʳ ᵗᵒ ᵍᵒᵈ ᶦᶠ ᵃᶰʸ ᵒᶠ ʸᵒᵘ ᵐᵒᵗʰᵉʳʳᶠᵘᶜᵏᵉʳˢ ᶜᵒᵖʸ ᵃᶰᵈ ᵖᵃˢᵗᵉ ᵗʰᶦˢ ʸᵒᵘ ʷᶦᶫᶫ ᵇᵉ ᶦᶰ ˢᵉʳᶦᵒᵘˢ ᵗʳᵒᵘᵇᶫᵉ' ~ Holy 2014

4FmTwg8.gif

user1-dark.png

Ye Olde Cape Raque

J0cOZ.png

/o\   <- Divination Cape

/#\   <- Firemaking Cape

/O<\   <- Fishing Cape 

/+\   <- Prayer Cape 

/oo\   <- Thieving Cape 

/->\   <- Mining Cape 

/π\   <- Smithing Cape 

/^[]\   <- Farming Cape 

/0\ <- Dungeoneering Cape 

Bitcoin (฿): 1D4Jxg4Xt2EZNZoYuDvDeYBPQ7ABKDHGbA (Click for QR Code)
Litecoin (Ł): Lfx3Rm1yCEaaRDqenUUqfSBGCZRdFEx6a9 (Click for QR Code)