DISCLAIMER: We are not attempting to change into a "Gaming Community" again. Subsistence is still a Runescape Clan, we just want to add a bit more breadth to our gaming experience.
The premise behind creating this position is to formally integrate games other than Runescape into the clan, effectively creating a "sub-community" for each game in the clan. Having an official overseer for these games will benefit their capabilities within the clan, in game and on the forums. I volunteered to oversee these new positions because of my experience with the Minecraft community in Subsistence. Think of this as a project that we are carrying out to promote SST's sense of community across games and platforms. Runescape brought us together, and we share connections through many other games, so why not welcome them into the family? The goal of this is to increase activity by providing support for games other than Runescape that are being played by clan members, and to ultimately have more fun together as a clan.
The position of Game Manager is a Sub-Director position that will serve under the Director of Events. Currently, to obtain the position of Game Manager, you do not have to be elected in. Instead, an application (that has been outlined below) must be submitted to leadership for review. If your application is approved, you will be given administrative privileges to your game's own sub-forum, Ventrilo channels, and any other ranks/permissions necessary for your game to function smoothly within Subsistence.
- Maintain the community of their game in-game and on the forums
- Contribute to the clan by creating events for their game and encouraging members to play it
- Frequently giving updates to Leadership and players on how the community for their game is doing, as well as any changes that may affect the clan members that play the game (these can be anything from a game update to a new playstyle that you wish to try out)
- Listening to suggestions from players on how the clan could improve their experience playing the game
- Contribute to Leadership discussions
- Be active on the forums as well as in their game (not necessarily Runescape)
- Be accountable for their game's community in Subsistence
Game Manager Application:
Title of Game:
Platform(s) that it may be played upon (list all that apply):
Average Cost of Game (if any):
Genre of Game (RPG, MOBA, FPS, Strategy, ect.):
Why do you feel you would be best fit for the position of Game Manager of the game stated above?
If your application is approved, what are your initial plans for that game and it's players in the clan?
List at least 4 other clan members who own or would purchase (if necessary) this game if it became a part of Subsistence:
Post your applications below or message them to me via forum pm. Thanks! You will be notified of the decision as soon as it is made.
Possible reasons for your application to be denied: (not limited to these reasons)
- Minimal detail found in your application in regards to your plans if you were to become a Game Manager
- The game does not have a strong interest in Subsistence, this is an integral part of your game application
- Previous disciplinary action was imposed upon you (aka Holy)
Current Positions that have been created/filled:
- Minecraft: MortalNinja