• Clan Friend
  • Others: +Exclusive Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2093 posts

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Posted 09 August 2014 - 04:05 PM

Hey all,

As summer winds down, I want to just touch base with the current active members of Subsistence that check the forums, and to give you an update on what my plans are as the academic year begins in a few weeks. First of all, I want to apologize for the lack of events and overall activity of my department over the summer. There has been a lot of logistical changes that needed to go into effect before I felt comfortable making specific changes to the Events department.

Moving forward, I have a lot to ask of you all. My goal is to get a general standard created for the clan that will make events much more successful. To do this, I want to ask you all to provide answers to a series of questions, such as what time of day do you most often play RS during, to give us a basic understanding of when it would be best to make events. Your answers to these questions, however, will not be requested of you until mid to late September, so that your answers will apply to your schedule during the academic year as opposed to the summer. My goal is to find 3 good times each week that events can be scheduled for that a considerable amount of the clan will be able to attend. Along with those questions will be the poll we have all seen before about what events you would like to see held. It has been over a year since the last poll like this has been done, and a lot has changed about the game since then, so an updated poll will be extremely helpful and is warranted. 

The assistance that I need from you all now is about the Game Manager Sub-Director position that I announced a few months ago. So far, only one person has formally applied for a position, which bodes the question, does the clan want this? I want to know your opinions in replies to this topic; Yes, we should pursue managers for these positions and there is a strong want for leadership power for the games, or no, the clan members get along just fine playing the games without direct affiliation with the clan. Now, it can be more complex than just yes or no. Should it be an elected or appointed position? I'll be honest, I thought a lot more people would be interested in this, but I am totally fine with just considering it a failed project and moving on. Please, I encourage everyone to give me their feedback below so that I can take the right course of action moving forward.

In Events Team news, we have a new member in our midst! Congratulations to PublishingD on joining the team. Him and HadesKratos will do a fine job making events for you all. If you are new or have now decided that you'd like to join the team, please send me a private message on the forums, message me in game, or over skype/steam/league and I'll consider it. I am looking for one or two more members for the team so you won't be turned away immediately!

Thank you for reading, and be on the lookout for next month's update that will include my questions for you and information on some events that I plan to revive from the archives!

Sincerely,

~ Mort

Director of Events

• Christian likes this

Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted Image

#2 EverRush

EverRush

Retired CitOS

• Clan Friend
  • 1806 posts

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Posted 09 August 2014 - 04:43 PM

As far as the Game Managers positions, I think it's not something that will be super full. We play a ton of games, but most only have a few people who play each, in that small of a group it's hard to say "this person is for sure the leader." Some games it might be easy to say that. But with so few players, why bother. But I wouldn't scrap the idea because then we have no sub-dirs in the clan at all. And no chance for any. Maybe it will take more games popping up before a manager appears, or maybe one of our current games will take off, who knows.

Personally, I don't play any other games, so maybe my thoughts are way off. So it shouldn't be just up to me to keep or kill the position.

Posted Image Posted Image

Posted Image

I believe in me, I believe in you, and I believe that we are not meaningless.

#3 Seán

Seán

Forum Slut

• 3279 posts

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Posted 09 August 2014 - 05:12 PM

I say we keep Game Managers a thing, but maybe people need to understand what responsibilities they would be taking. For example, around 10 people I know who are in this clan or very close to it have Civ 5. This would be a good game to have tournaments in but I don't know what kinda of interest it would gauge or what responsibilities I would have if I became a Game Manager for it. Not to mention that games normally take around 7 hours to complete, it would be very hard to do.

I think if a few people start becoming Game Managers, it would show people that it's not a hard thing to do.

'ᶦ ˢʷᵉᵃʳ ᵗᵒ ᵍᵒᵈ ᶦᶠ ᵃᶰʸ ᵒᶠ ʸᵒᵘ ᵐᵒᵗʰᵉʳʳᶠᵘᶜᵏᵉʳˢ ᶜᵒᵖʸ ᵃᶰᵈ ᵖᵃˢᵗᵉ ᵗʰᶦˢ ʸᵒᵘ ʷᶦᶫᶫ ᵇᵉ ᶦᶰ ˢᵉʳᶦᵒᵘˢ ᵗʳᵒᵘᵇᶫᵉ' ~ Holy 2014

Posted Image

Ye Olde Cape Raque

Posted Image /o\ <- Divination Cape /#\ <- Firemaking Cape

#4 MortalNinja

MortalNinja

Forum Whore

• Clan Friend
  • 2093 posts

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Posted 16 August 2014 - 09:00 AM

Okay so you both would like to see the position stay. What about whether it's elected or appointed?

Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted Image

#5 EverRush

EverRush

Retired CitOS

• Clan Friend
  • 1806 posts

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Posted 16 August 2014 - 09:13 AM

maybe take nominations from those who play the game, then do a vote? or if its the guy/girl who starts the whole game being added, maybe give it to him/her unless there's strong opposition to him/her being the manager.

Sometimes a leader just kind of emerges anyways, like MJ with that one game with the 4 princesses or whatever.

Posted Image Posted Image

Posted Image

I believe in me, I believe in you, and I believe that we are not meaningless.

#6 HadesKratos

HadesKratos

Deus Omnium

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1371 posts
  • Steam: HadesKratos
  • LocationHell ( next to Tartarus, south of the giant "You are Here" sign) or New Jersey
  • RSN: HadesKratos
  • Minecraft:WarLordKratos

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Posted 16 August 2014 - 01:39 PM

maybe take nominations from those who play the game, then do a vote? or if its the guy/girl who starts the whole game being added, maybe give it to him/her unless there's strong opposition to him/her being the manager.

Sometimes a leader just kind of emerges anyways, like MJ with that one game with the 4 princesses or whatever.

also,there should be a form of prove that this game would be played/talked about  . like first vote on the game then on the manager(if there will be one)

Edit: i deleted a massive wall of text because it made no sense. so your welcome.

Edited by HadesKratos, 16 August 2014 - 01:40 PM.

user1-dark.png

Hades_Kratos.png
Goal:
Spoiler

#7 MortalNinja

MortalNinja

Forum Whore

• Clan Friend
  • 2093 posts

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Posted 16 August 2014 - 05:31 PM

also,there should be a form of prove that this game would be played/talked about  . like first vote on the game then on the manager(if there will be one)

Edit: i deleted a massive wall of text because it made no sense. so your welcome.

I think that would be good for new games, but the only person who applied at all was FriskyBadger and he applied for League, which is already kind of established, so I do think that is necessary in this particular instance.

Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted Image

#8 Seán

Seán

Forum Slut

• 3279 posts

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Posted 17 August 2014 - 02:45 PM

I kinda agree with Ever, with the whole nominating from people who play the game. First we'd have to take a survey to see who plays what, or what they're interested in getting which shouldn't take much time. 

'ᶦ ˢʷᵉᵃʳ ᵗᵒ ᵍᵒᵈ ᶦᶠ ᵃᶰʸ ᵒᶠ ʸᵒᵘ ᵐᵒᵗʰᵉʳʳᶠᵘᶜᵏᵉʳˢ ᶜᵒᵖʸ ᵃᶰᵈ ᵖᵃˢᵗᵉ ᵗʰᶦˢ ʸᵒᵘ ʷᶦᶫᶫ ᵇᵉ ᶦᶰ ˢᵉʳᶦᵒᵘˢ ᵗʳᵒᵘᵇᶫᵉ' ~ Holy 2014

Posted Image

Ye Olde Cape Raque

Posted Image /o\ <- Divination Cape /#\ <- Firemaking Cape

Bitcoin (฿): 1D4Jxg4Xt2EZNZoYuDvDeYBPQ7ABKDHGbA (Click for QR Code)
Litecoin (Ł): Lfx3Rm1yCEaaRDqenUUqfSBGCZRdFEx6a9 (Click for QR Code)