Christian

Dear Leader

• Senior Administrator
  • 984 posts

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Posted 08 December 2014 - 10:22 PM

Hello everyone,

This topic is going to be an analysis of the Clan Gaming Involvement Survey that I posted here a few days ago.  Let's begin.

Survey Statistics

Survey open time: 3 days, 3 hours, 44 minutes
Respondents: 21
Survey Questions: 3

Question 1: "I Play RuneScape"

Results:

qpAna49.png

Insights: The results of this question are indicative of a shift in the level of engagement RuneScape gets from this clan.  If this question were asked 4 years ago, the blue section would probably consist of about 70-85% of the responses.  Today, we see than less than 20% of people report playing regularly and almost 40% say they do not play at all.

Question 2: "I have an interest in organized gaming events for games other than RuneScape"

Results:
PK4Go8R.png

Insights:  The response to this question shows us that a majority of the clan is definitely interested in events centered around other games.  Coupled with the response from Question 1, this does seem to strongly indicate a shift in gaming interest.  The good news here is that this shows us that Subsistence is not necessarily on a path towards an end so much as filled with people looking for new games to play.

Question 3: "I would be open to buying inexpensive games"

Results:
xKBlk06.png

Insights:  With this question, we can see that not only is the clan interested in playing other games, but members are also open to purchasing games.  This would allow an organized gaming effort to have a lot more flexibility in the game events that are organized.  The clan can take advantage of Steam sales and other sales promotions in order to diversify the gaming agenda.  With members willing to spend a reasonable amount of money from time to time, we are free to go past the relatively small number of free multiplayer games available on the market.

Final Thoughts

The point of this survey was to get a sampling of where the members of Subsistence stand on a second formal attempt at a "Gaming Clan" idea. The results of this survey indicate that the majority of the clan supports this move. This gives us the go ahead to begin formally planning a restructure in order to accommodate catering to regularly organizing events in a broad spectrum of games.

Specifically, this means that we need to think about the following:
  • A leadership structure that caters to playing a number of different games
  • A forum layout revamp, with emphasis on non-RS games to ensure their visibility and encourage activity
  • A method of deciding which games will be played at which times
  • A way of scheduling and announcing gaming events ahead of time
  • A set of criterion for deciding on when we will encourage purchasing a new game (rather than just playing an old one)
  • A system designed to help include members that cannot afford buying games to stay involved (game giveaways, raffles, etc.)
  • How Subsistence presents itself to the outside world
  • How new members will be recruited
Expect more discussion on this topic in the near future.
  • Spaciouz likes this
"I hereby swear to abandon all fear; to question everything; to trust in myself; to honor those before me as I excel, and to support those who follow as they ascend. I swear that I will never accept another’s standard for success, as I set mine one measure higher. When I am finished, no one will ever look at me the same way again."

#2 Steph

Steph

The People's Messiah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3942 posts

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Posted 09 December 2014 - 05:09 AM

• A forum layout revamp, with emphasis on non-RS games to ensure their visibility and encourage activity

I have a couple of ideas, but I won't really be able to fully expand on them till just before Xmas cause of exams. But they're like...compete redos, and I don't know how open we are to that, considering the cost of the forum software we use
  • John likes this
Posted Image

Attack - Strength - Defence - Constitution - Herblore - Prayer - Construction - Firemaking - Ranged - Cooking
Spoiler

#3 MJDurlak

MJDurlak

Pokemon Trainer

• Others: Recruitment Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 918 posts

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Posted 09 December 2014 - 12:24 PM

we can definitely make great use of the steam group page 

• John likes this
Posted Image

#4 Seán

Seán

Forum Slut

• 3279 posts

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Posted 09 December 2014 - 12:38 PM

I'm going to have to rethink the advertisement department of the community, although still focusing on RS a bit. That's one of the things we will have to do if we want a well-rounded player-base.

I'm quite glad that this is happening, I am yet to see anyone opposed to the idea. Good job. :)

• John likes this

'ᶦ ˢʷᵉᵃʳ ᵗᵒ ᵍᵒᵈ ᶦᶠ ᵃᶰʸ ᵒᶠ ʸᵒᵘ ᵐᵒᵗʰᵉʳʳᶠᵘᶜᵏᵉʳˢ ᶜᵒᵖʸ ᵃᶰᵈ ᵖᵃˢᵗᵉ ᵗʰᶦˢ ʸᵒᵘ ʷᶦᶫᶫ ᵇᵉ ᶦᶰ ˢᵉʳᶦᵒᵘˢ ᵗʳᵒᵘᵇᶫᵉ' ~ Holy 2014

Posted Image

Ye Olde Cape Raque

Posted Image /o\ <- Divination Cape /#\ <- Firemaking Cape

#5 Spaciouz

Spaciouz

カーステン

• 2716 posts

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Posted 09 December 2014 - 03:17 PM

Really happy to see this, hopefully the clan will be back on track in no time!

• John likes this

aJd0SIL.gif

#6 John

John

Forum Whore

• Clan Member
  • 2600 posts

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Posted 09 December 2014 - 05:24 PM

I can put towards any forum upgrades needed, just got a position with a local startup so i actually have some money.

I think what Irenic has with their splash page for visitors is something to think about. Forums are better suited to conversation and not so much things like events or general information. 

2015-01-07-Charlie.jpg

#7 Christian

Christian

Dear Leader

• Senior Administrator
  • 984 posts

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Posted 09 December 2014 - 06:47 PM

I have a couple of ideas, but I won't really be able to fully expand on them till just before Xmas cause of exams. But they're like...compete redos, and I don't know how open we are to that, considering the cost of the forum software we use

Nothing is off of the table (other than a switch to something like vBulletin).

I can put towards any forum upgrades needed, just got a position with a local startup so i actually have some money.

I think what Irenic has with their splash page for visitors is something to think about. Forums are better suited to conversation and not so much things like events or general information. 

Funny you should mention that, I am about to finish my CS degree (December 20th) and in January I'll be starting working as a full time fullstack web developer for a Chicago startup.

Point being (1) I would not worry about finances much.  I am okay with paying most of it by myself.  (2)  I am not an absolute master yet (especially not at front end) but I think making a splash page for Subsistence would be a cool side project.  This was mentioned like a year ago but nothing came out of it.  We could make a github repo and collaborate.

"I hereby swear to abandon all fear; to question everything; to trust in myself; to honor those before me as I excel, and to support those who follow as they ascend. I swear that I will never accept another’s standard for success, as I set mine one measure higher. When I am finished, no one will ever look at me the same way again."

#8 MortalNinja

MortalNinja

Forum Whore

• Clan Friend
  • Others: +Exclusive Member
  • 2093 posts

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Posted 09 December 2014 - 07:34 PM

I too am glad to see this happening and I'm quite excited to create and host events on tons of different games. I miss the old Terraria server and Minecraft and stuff. I'm in the process of getting a new job so getting a dedicated server for miscellaneous use could be a possibility.. Regardless it will be a lot fun.

What I think should be in one of our next steps is to see what games clan members already have and enjoy playing. That might just be something helpful to the Events Department, but it will really help. Speaking of which, once we are a bit farther along in this process, I will open up applications for positions on the Events Team. There will most likely be a few additions to the application such as what platforms you have available and what games you would enjoy hosting, so keep that in mind.

Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted Image

#9 UrASmurf

UrASmurf

Court Jester

• Clan Member
  • 1556 posts
  • Steam: UrASmurf
  • LocationQuick, look behind you!
  • RSN: UrASmurf
  • Minecraft:UrASmurf

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Posted 09 December 2014 - 10:12 PM

I'm delighted by the results. Glad so many have an interest in this =]

Spoiler

qXSpaNp.png

My Steam Profile (from SteamDB)

• Worth: $991
  • Games owned: 95
  • Games not played: 35
  • Percentage: 45%
  • Hours spent: 1,484.3h

#10 Ray

Ray

Man of many titles

• GW2 Management
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1382 posts

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Posted 10 December 2014 - 02:28 AM

Let me know if any assistance is required whether it be money or input im all for this.

tumblr_mbp4d3ySxL1rhv8lio5_400.gifCammy-super2.gif

#11 Bowsie

Bowsie

Drun.K

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 756 posts

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Posted 10 December 2014 - 10:41 PM

Let me know if any assistance is required whether it be money or input im all for this.

Seconded.

#12 Momo

Momo

The World's Finest

• Clan Member
  • 3198 posts
  • Steam: Momo
  • XBL: Momo786X
  • LocationWales, United Kingdom
  • RSN: Momo
  • Guild Wars:Momo.4390

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Posted 12 December 2014 - 05:53 AM

What we should also definitely do should this get under way is to stream via Twitch. Pretty much self explanatory, and it'll be a good way to show off to others prospective games and what they're currently missing out on.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#13 Bowsie

Bowsie

Drun.K

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 756 posts

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Posted 12 December 2014 - 10:17 AM

What we should also definitely do should this get under way is to stream via Twitch. Pretty much self explanatory, and it'll be a good way to show off to others prospective games and what they're currently missing out on.

If it is inexpensive, I'd be willing to stream via Xbox One. Pretty sure there's a recorder built in so it shouldn't be a problem.

EDIT: Words are hard.

Edited by Bowsie, 12 December 2014 - 10:19 AM.

#14 Steph

Steph

The People's Messiah

• 3942 posts

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Posted 12 December 2014 - 10:30 AM

If it is inexpensive, I'd be willing to stream via Xbox One. Pretty sure there's a recorder built in so it shouldn't be a problem.

EDIT: Words are hard.

Download the twitch app, sign in and say "Xbox broadcast". Simples
Posted Image

Attack - Strength - Defence - Constitution - Herblore - Prayer - Construction - Firemaking - Ranged - Cooking
Spoiler

#15 MortalNinja

MortalNinja

Forum Whore

• Clan Friend
  • Others: +Exclusive Member
  • 2093 posts

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Posted 12 December 2014 - 12:13 PM

That's actually a really good idea, I'll get right on that. There is now capability to allow different users to stream on a community channel, so we don't have to give out the password and stuff to everyone, which is nice. Do we also wanna create a new/revamp the Subsistence Youtube channel? (The last post on this one is from 2011) I also don't have any of the login info for that one.

Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted Image

#16 John

John

Forum Whore

• Clan Member
  • 2600 posts

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Posted 12 December 2014 - 12:20 PM

Get Art5y back onboard and make a nice little intro, maybe downplay the unescape aspect a bit?

• Seán and Ray like this
2015-01-07-Charlie.jpg

#17 Christian

Christian

Dear Leader

• Senior Administrator
  • 984 posts

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Posted 12 December 2014 - 01:45 PM

Do we also wanna create a new/revamp the Subsistence Youtube channel? (The last post on this one is from 2011) I also don't have any of the login info for that one.

Good point.  We are definitely going to have to recreate a YouTube channel since it has changed quite a bit since 2011.  The biggest change was Google+ integration and with it came the ability to give multiple people the ability to administrate a YouTube channel.  We might as well take this opportunity to create a Google+ page (since the two have to be linked, and Google+ also helps with search results).  I will get on making a G+ page for us.

Actually, before I even hit post I opened a new tab and realized how quick and easy it was.

Here is our Google+ page: https://google.com/ ...ubsistence2009/

Here is our YouTube channel: https://youtube.com/...Subsistence2009

Here is our Twitch page: http://www.twitch.tv/ClanSubsistence/

The first two of those are linked together.  Obviously all of those are quite empty.  You should follow/subscribe to each one and if you plan on uploading videos or adding content, please PM me so I can add you as a manager of the page/channel (probably you, Mort).

#18 Bowsie

Bowsie

Drun.K

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 756 posts

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Posted 12 December 2014 - 09:34 PM

Not to sound like a little bitch, but I think the name would be cleaner without the 2009 at the end. My personal opinion though.

#19 Christian

Christian

Dear Leader

• Senior Administrator
  • 984 posts

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Posted 12 December 2014 - 10:11 PM

Not to sound like a little bitch, but I think the name would be cleaner without the 2009 at the end. My personal opinion though.

Wasn't an option.  In fact it didn't even let me pick the full URL it just said "+ClanSubsistence is taken so you must append numbers at the end".  I did not have the option to set anything other than the numbers and the capitalization.

Does not really matter though.  The URL of the Google+/YouTube pages is not a big concern.  The custom domain is for looking clean.

• Bowsie likes this

#20 HadesKratos

HadesKratos

Deus Omnium

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1371 posts
  • Steam: HadesKratos
  • LocationHell ( next to Tartarus, south of the giant "You are Here" sign) or New Jersey
  • RSN: HadesKratos
  • Minecraft:WarLordKratos

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Posted 15 December 2014 - 06:10 PM

you can also broadcast games using steam

edit: tho not a lot of people watch them on steam

Edited by HadesKratos, 15 December 2014 - 06:11 PM.

user1-dark.png

Hades_Kratos.png
Goal:
Spoiler

Bitcoin (฿): 1D4Jxg4Xt2EZNZoYuDvDeYBPQ7ABKDHGbA (Click for QR Code)
Litecoin (Ł): Lfx3Rm1yCEaaRDqenUUqfSBGCZRdFEx6a9 (Click for QR Code)