John

Forum Whore

• Clan Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2600 posts

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Posted 06 February 2012 - 06:38 AM

(I knows I'm jumping around with skills a bit recently, bear with me)So I think I've reached the point with my account that I have the stats to go for s fire cape. Not fr its bonuses but because it looks so damn cool.I've reasrrched strategies for the past few weeks and found the most popular option to be using range or magic. Considering I have a crap range level and I don't really want to getting up sny time soon I was planning on using magic instead, as I'm already level 90 in it.I'm not particuarly rich but I do have enough for some decent armour and supplys this is what I was planning on using:Head: ahrims hoodTorso: ahrimps robes topLegs: ahrims robes bottomCape: one of the god capesWeapon: polypore staffOffhand: illuminated holy book (can't afford unholy or a mages book)Gloves: not sure right now, haven't done rfd so that's sort of ff limits, I was thinking of using a regen bracelet purely because I have no other options.Boots: again not really sure right nowNecklace: arcane streamRing: seers ring if I can get one or just an explorers ringAura: reverenceInventory: runes for blood/ice barrage, enchanted excalibur, vena skull, 7 saradomin brews and the rest super restores.As long as I can do it the total consumables cost doesn't really matter, it's more that I can't actually afford better gear.What I'm really asking is is this a good set up or indeed is magic any good at all? Is there anything I could train or any quests I could do that I hunt though of that could make it slightly easier.
2015-01-07-Charlie.jpg

#2 Bad Man

Bad Man

The Master Baister

• Emeritus
  • Others: Recruitment Team
  • 1622 posts

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Posted 06 February 2012 - 12:47 PM

Looks like a good loadout to me.
  • John likes this

99 Cooking

99 Firemaking
99 Runecrafting
99 Woodcutting
94 Fishing (My Current Goal)

#3 John

John

Forum Whore

• Clan Member
  • 2600 posts

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Posted 06 February 2012 - 01:04 PM

i'm about to do a first try now.
2015-01-07-Charlie.jpg

#4 Kiza

Kiza

The Divine

• Clan Member
  • Others: Helper
  • 2081 posts

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Posted 06 February 2012 - 05:26 PM

Wait. So the race is on?If the race is on then i shall be usingHead:Torso: ( All Karil's )Legs:Cape: Castle wars kill cape (my good luck charm)Weapon: Rune CrossbowOffhand: Obsidian Shield or something that provides range bonusesGloves: Hati paws if they still work (seems to give higher and more accurate hits)Boots: Bandos BootsNecklace: Amulet of Glory (T4)Ring: Ring of Wealth (4) or most likely an Archers RingAura: Greater corruptionInventory: 5 or 6 sara brews and rest are super restores.It is on mah man!
Posted Image

#5 John

John

Forum Whore

• Clan Member
  • 2600 posts

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Posted 06 February 2012 - 08:17 PM

I'm going away for the weekend on friday so I might not get it before the tournament.malso I've decoded just to get 70 range and range it instead of using magic.
2015-01-07-Charlie.jpg

#6 Kiza

Kiza

The Divine

• Clan Member
  • 2081 posts

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Posted 07 February 2012 - 03:48 AM

I'm going away for the weekend on friday so I might not get it before the tournament.malso I've decoded just to get 70 range and range it instead of using magic.

Whatever you feel man, i have 72 range now anyway, i dont mind. Once you get back, THE RACE IS ON!
Posted Image

#7 KrytoNite

KrytoNite

Ass Kicker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1365 posts

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Posted 07 February 2012 - 03:53 AM

Good Luck to Both of you

Krytonite.png

#8 Christian

Christian

Dear Leader

• Senior Administrator
  • 984 posts

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Posted 07 February 2012 - 04:23 AM

For me, prayer was always a bigger issue than hitpoints, and I'm sure I had a significantly better prayer bonus than you (I had Verac's armor pieces and a Fury). If you do end up using magic, I don't see why you'd need more than 5 brews. You have unlimited health in the form of blood barrage. Alternatively, there's always purple sweets. Bring at least 20 Super Restores.
"I hereby swear to abandon all fear; to question everything; to trust in myself; to honor those before me as I excel, and to support those who follow as they ascend. I swear that I will never accept another’s standard for success, as I set mine one measure higher. When I am finished, no one will ever look at me the same way again."

#9 John

John

Forum Whore

• Clan Member
  • 2600 posts

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Posted 07 February 2012 - 08:23 AM

The main issue for me with magic was that I couldn't manage spell switching and safe spotting at the same time with the amount of lag I get. For some reason I can't get Italy rock or dragon rock to work somive just been usiing random rocks. Im pretty much ok with range till wave 45 but after that I just get overwhelmed. Plus the level 90s absolutely destroy me when I'm protecting magic from the 360s.
2015-01-07-Charlie.jpg

#10 Kiza

Kiza

The Divine

• Clan Member
  • 2081 posts

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Posted 07 February 2012 - 05:47 PM

Alrighty thanks Christian =3Tomic, use ranged, it gives better defence, and use the italy rock with it =3
Posted Image

#11 Kammi

Kammi

Posting Pro

• Clan Friend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 132 posts

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Posted 08 February 2012 - 02:29 AM

is there such thing as a enchanted excalibur? i got the enhanced one!

#12 John

John

Forum Whore

• Clan Member
  • 2600 posts

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Posted 08 February 2012 - 03:27 AM

enchanted excalibur is a reward from the seers village hard tasks. when the special is used it boosts your defence and also slowly regins health.
2015-01-07-Charlie.jpg

#13 Britt

Britt

Forum Specter

• Clan Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 808 posts

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Posted 08 February 2012 - 03:40 AM

good luck

Posted Image
Posted Image

#14 Unknown828

Unknown828

His Unkiness

• Senior Administrator
  • 341 posts

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Posted 08 February 2012 - 10:16 PM

I haven't used magic in the fight caves before, but it is a viable option. My concern is that you eventually get to a point where you HAVE to pray mage against the.. 360s(as far as I can recall.). Meaning you need to tank a lot of melee and range hits which will rip your Ahrims apart. You can easily trap the 180s and blood barrage them. You focus should be eliminating the lowest level birds(They will lower your prayer points if they touch you, even if its a 0) followed by the 90s(Rangers.) You might want to bring a melee weapon for the 90s.Replacing your holy book with a full ancient book might be useful. +6 magic attack. The pages are about 2m, which is more reasonable then the unholy book. You can do the same illumination process to give it the extra prayer points as well.Prayer is probably going to be an issue for you. if you can, you might want to consider changing out your cape for a soul wars cape, ardy cape, or a skill cape(t) if you have any of those available. I'd also highly recommend getting 2 prayer renewal potions. They work very well with reverence. I'd wait to activate them though. Reverence only lasts an hour, and you shouldn't need much prayer at the start anyway.Regen brace is going to be your best bet for gloves. I would recommend working on RFD for the future but for now you'll be fine.Magic isnt an easy way to do it simply because of the damage you take. You might want to consider using your hati gloves, if you havent already, and spend some time getting your range up if you're still having problems. Going through with broad bolts then switching to diamond on jad is pretty effective.

Rschar2.png

#15 Rivets

Rivets

• Inactive
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 05:59 AM

If you're still doing this, I've done the Fight Caves with magic a total of 6 times. I use higher level gear but there are a couple tips that should be helpful.~First you should get a Sacred Clay Shield.It's REALLY great for this when you get attacked by a corners of the combat triangle. The shield can switch from mage protection, Range protection and then back to Melee BUT you have to not be getting attacked. I keep that in my inventory so I can use a better magic boosting shield and still have protection form the level 90 Rangers which can rip gano apart so easy, plus it saves the charges because the shield has charges. It took me around about 2-3 hours of non combat stealing creation to get one, but its worth it. A good friends chat is "Fast SC" They operate out of world 99. Just join the friends chat and hop to that world. The stats of the Sacred Clay Shield are:Protect From Range Mode: +33 Stab Def, +37 Slash Def, +35 Crush Def, -10 Magic Def, +70 Range Def and +60 Summoning Def.Protect From Magic Mode: +33 Stab Def, +37 Slash Def, +35 Crush Def, +30 Magic Def, +25 Range Def and + 60 Summoning Def.Protect From Melee Mode: +64 Stab Def, +65 Slash Def, +61 Crush Def, -10 Magic Def, +25 Range Def and + 60 Summoning Def.~Second, Now that Flasks are out use them.Its about 4k for an empty flask that you can fill yourself and they help a lot. ~Another good thing to use are prayer renewals.They're good for reducing your prayer drain. I use around 2 prayer flasks which would be an hour because each dose lasts 5 minutes. You could also use Prayer Pots instead of super restores although that's really up to you.~Activate "Reverence" when the Ket-Zeks appear, it just really helps.~The TokKul-Zo.This ring is really good for the Fight Caves, the Fight Kiln and for general usage. It gives you a 10% Damage boost to any Tzhaar, Fire or Obsidian monsters. It does have charges but the charges are only used when you're attacking the Tzhaar, Fire or Obsidian monsters. It comes with a total of 3k charges, once it runs out you recharge it with TokKul, costing 48k TokKul once the ring is completely drained of charges. To get this ring you have to complete the "Elder Kiln" quest and you will receive the ring as one of the rewards. As I said before it is good in any combat situation.The Base stats of the ring are:+4 Stab Attack, +4 Slash Attack, +4 Crush Attack, +4 Magic Attack and +4 Range Attack.+4 Stab Def, +4 Slash Def, +4 Crush Def, +4 Magic Def, +4 Range Def and a +0 Summoning Def.Its really great because those match the stats of all but one of the Daggonoth Rings, (Warrior, Archer and the Seers' Ring) the one being the Berserker which boosts strength.That's just pretty basic stuff but things like that help a lot. Sorry if I bored you or if it was a case of tl;dr. I just want to help because i've done this a few times.Good Luck!
Posted Image

#16 axin d

axin d

Posting Pro

• Clan Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 211 posts

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Posted 27 March 2012 - 09:19 AM

As soon as I get mems again I need to do this again, I have 94 range lol.

What doesn't kill you isn't any fun.

Bitcoin (฿): 1D4Jxg4Xt2EZNZoYuDvDeYBPQ7ABKDHGbA (Click for QR Code)
Litecoin (Ł): Lfx3Rm1yCEaaRDqenUUqfSBGCZRdFEx6a9 (Click for QR Code)