In an effort to clean up and streamline the positions and responsibilities of our current leadership, we're making some important changes today.
For reference, here's what our current structure looks like:
The Helper rank will be removed completely, this is a decision I have made. It was initially created to serve 3 purposes - Clan Scribe, Clan Historian and Clan Chat Moderators.
- The Clan Scribe is no longer needed as we no longer hold clan meetings.
- Clan Chat Moderators are no longer necessary as all Senior Members+ are automatically given the authority.
- The Clan Historian, while somewhat important in preserving the history of the clan will be the only Helper remaining and this is something I believe does not warrant an entire, separate rank.
All meeting and history notes will be archived.
The Director of Leadership Management position will be suspended.
- This was previously held by Unknown828 and its role was to overseer the Directors in the clan.
- This role has now fallen to Fenway and therefore will not be needed for now.
The biggest change we're making today is adding a new leadership position - Game Mangers.
- A Game Manager is a Sub-Director position that will serve under the Director of Events. They will be responsible for a specific game that we support, such as League of Legends, Guild Wars 2, Minecraft and many others that we hope to take on board.
- To become a Game Manager is very easy. Suggest a game that you'd like to run and we'll provide you with your own sub-forum, Ventrilo channels and the necessary permissions and rank on both forums and RuneScape.
- You can also have the option to suggest a game but decide not to lead it. While in some cases this will work, a Game Manager will be required eventually, however this is ultimately decided by the DoE.
- All Game Managers are directly responsible for the running and maintenance of their chosen game and must adhere to all the clan rules.
This is not a transition to a gaming clan or Gaming Clan v2. RuneScape will still and always be our primary game. We are simply adding support to a wider variety of games that are all completely optional to play but generate enough interest that would greatly benefit everyone with actual support from us.
All of our current supported games will be undergoing a reassessment to bring them up to standard.
In order to welcome these new changes, we've decided to make a few adjustments to our RuneScape structure:
- Fenway is no longer the Director of RuneScape Affairs but has transitioned into a Community Administrator.
- Turds has been promoted and will be taking over as the new Director of RuneScape Affairs (DoRA).
- Dw Vonder and EverRush will be stepping down as Clan Emissary and Citadel Overseer respectively. These roles are now duties to be carried out by the DoRA.
- Sub-Directors in RuneScape will now be used exclusively by Game Managers.
- All Directors, Administrators and Senior Administrators will now be given the Sub-Director equivalent rank in all supported games where possible. Game Managers will still be able to appoint others at an equal or higher rank if they wish to do so in their respective games.
Anything you're unsure of, feel free to make a post.