#21 Steph

Steph

The People's Messiah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3942 posts

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Posted 30 November 2014 - 10:18 AM

I can manage an Xbox side of a gaming clan, if necessary. Am always on my 360 and as of Christmas this year I will have an XBOne. Will gladly devote time for that platform. Destiny, GTA, would buy CoD (if I had to), Master Chief Collection, and much more. So stoked at this possibility.

EDIT: Words are hard.

YOU BEAUTIFUL BASTARD. I've had an X1 for about a year. I've got Destiny, Halo, GTA, and they're all amazing.
  • Bowsie likes this
Posted Image

Attack - Strength - Defence - Constitution - Herblore - Prayer - Construction - Firemaking - Ranged - Cooking
Spoiler

#22 MJDurlak

MJDurlak

Pokemon Trainer

• Others: Recruitment Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 918 posts

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Posted 30 November 2014 - 10:48 AM

I would push for a more active Steam component of the clan, with more focused game events, weekly 'game nights', and most importantly, a calendar that lists games that will be played ahead of time (so people can install/buy the games and be ready when it is time to play).  We have tried this before but it seems that there is a lack of interest in actually managing anything other than RuneScape and (sort of) Minecraft.

back when i was DoE i put up the events on our steam group. to notify those who are playin a game that a event is soon. wouldnt be hard.

I myself play xbox 360/one games

Posted Image

#23 Bowsie

Bowsie

Drun.K

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 756 posts

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Posted 30 November 2014 - 08:47 PM

YOU BEAUTIFUL BASTARD. I've had an X1 for about a year. I've got Destiny, Halo, GTA, and they're all amazing.

Dude. We got to game together when I get my X1.

#24 MortalNinja

MortalNinja

Forum Whore

• Clan Friend
  • Others: +Exclusive Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2094 posts

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Posted 03 December 2014 - 03:29 PM

Would people be interested in Steam/Console game events being set up by the events team? The only problem I have with that is I don't own an Xbox of any kind, but I'm sure someone else can arrange those if they want to.

Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted Image

#25 Arya338

Arya338

Uber Poster

• Clan Friend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 551 posts
  • Locationwithin worlds of dragons vampire and deadly futures
  • RSN: Arya338
  • Minecraft:ice_fire338

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Posted 04 December 2014 - 08:27 AM

that would be a good idea for the fact Steam it self is free and some of the older games that are good but never got popularity are pretty cheap, along with many sales during week and such.

Also if we turn this into a gaming clan and not a RS clan the events depo can have Director for RS, Steam, Xbox, Playstation and so on.. would give more spots open up in the Events Department and allow more people to get involved

Posted Image
I apologize if this is 2 big.. if it is would you be kind enough to tell me how to shrink it?

#26 Antelope10

Antelope10

Mr. Trout Ch00b

• Legendary Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1146 posts

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Posted 04 December 2014 - 08:29 PM

Obviously I'm not around enough to offer any actual suggestions, but if you're going to consider changing to a gaming clan, do it correctly this time. This has several pretty key components:

1) Do it for the right reasons. I have no idea how dead/alive activity is on Runescape. The last time this "gaming clan" change went into effect, the Runescape element was alive and well and there was absolutely no reason for any drastic change to be made. It really only occurred because of the upper administration's receiving of criticism for lack of in-game activity. So, what happened? "Oh yeah guys, we're gonna be a general gaming clan now." There may be an actual need for change this time, I don't know. But properly evaluate this before taking any action.

2) Better implementation: There still has to be a focus on some kind of continuity between all the different games and their subforums. Otherwise, the clan aspect basically goes out the window. Then, find whichever game seems to have the greatest following and cash in on that.

If the change to a gaming clan isn't made, then focus on changes in recruiting philosophy. Top-sites aren't prime recruiting spots anymore and really haven't been that way for... well... a long time. Like EverRush suggested, in-game recruiting will be considerably better. Do something like put the recruiting team in charge of in-game advertisement rather than bumping topsite posts.

"I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ***, and I'm all out of bubblegum." - Duke Nukem

Posted Image

#27 Christian

Christian

Dear Leader

• Senior Administrator
  • 984 posts

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Posted 05 December 2014 - 06:03 PM

I have posted a survey to gauge opinions about the gaming clan idea.  Link HERE.

Time to move past speculation and get some actual data.

"I hereby swear to abandon all fear; to question everything; to trust in myself; to honor those before me as I excel, and to support those who follow as they ascend. I swear that I will never accept another’s standard for success, as I set mine one measure higher. When I am finished, no one will ever look at me the same way again."

Bitcoin (฿): 1D4Jxg4Xt2EZNZoYuDvDeYBPQ7ABKDHGbA (Click for QR Code)
Litecoin (Ł): Lfx3Rm1yCEaaRDqenUUqfSBGCZRdFEx6a9 (Click for QR Code)